Windows 10: I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

Discus and support I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rachel Ashby1, Dec 1, 2022.

1. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade.

:)

Rachel Ashby1, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to out dated driver. Try the below steps and check.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to update Printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      in the box and hit Enter.

• Go to Printer queues and locate for the printer.

• Right click on the printer and click on update to update the driver.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the printer manufacturer website. Before you un-install the driver download the latest update driver. Follow the steps:

Step 1. To uninstall.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the driver.
    Step 2. To re-install.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 1, 2022
  4. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

1. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - need upgrade

2. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  3. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  4. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  6. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  7. When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?: When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-upgrading-from-windows-11-to-windows-11-pro/7e5205aa-c833-4fe3-a08b-753beeefa1f1
  8. When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?

When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs?: When upgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 11 Pro, will I need to reinstall my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-upgrading-from-windows-11-to-windows-11-pro/7e5205aa-c833-4fe3-a08b-753beeefa1f1
  9. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  10. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...