Windows 10: i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

Discus and support i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy don't know what to do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikkiSchmidt, Jul 23, 2019.

1. i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy don't know what to do

:)

MikkiSchmidt, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows defender turned off by group policy

I am getting an error while turning on windows defender i.e.,app turned off by group policy.when I tried to turn it on with suggested answer (windows defender is turned off by group policy
    replied digital signature damaged .Ho to turn on windows-defender?

[Moved from Windows 10]

arvinddappili, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Jul 23, 2019
  4. daikin990 Win User

i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

Windows defender is "Turned off by Group Policy"

Hello!

You need to turn on Windows Defender. Try to use Registry Editor

1. Open the Registry Editor by holding Windows key + R then type regedit and click OK.
    2. Go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    3. Delete DisableAntiSpyware registry key
    4. restart your PC

Watch this video to learn how to fix this problem in Windows 10

FPA_Qv6Qmcg

daikin990, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

1. i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do - Similar Threads - turn Defender keeps

2. i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎3/‎1/‎2024 2:14 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7eParameter 1: ffffffffc000001dParameter 2: fffff80559455a6dParameter 3: ffffb60288b9f168Parameter 4: ffff928140de1900OS version:...
  3. i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎3/‎1/‎2024 2:14 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7eParameter 1: ffffffffc000001dParameter 2: fffff80559455a6dParameter 3: ffffb60288b9f168Parameter 4: ffff928140de1900OS version:...
  4. This keeps popping up, it already restarted twice and it keeps happening, i dont know why,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps popping up, it already restarted twice and it keeps happening, i dont know why,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Autistmus_Prime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfz1we/this_keeps_popping_up_it_already_restarted_twice/
  5. I dont know what to do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont know what to do.: I bought Windows 10 Home. Downloaded and installed it. Absolutely nothing changed. Cant personalize or anything like I bought it to do. Does it take a couple days to activate or do I have to get a refund and waste money on Windows 10 Pro because it says my Windows Edition is...
  6. windows defender turned off by group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off by group policy: i have an HP laptop, and when i try enabling Windows Defender, it just doesnt let me... i tried many different solutions that are commonly known, but I’m not able to try a specific one since when i type group policy on start nothing shows up please someone help...
  7. window defender turns off by group policy

window defender turns off by group policy: i really want help because i unable to turn on window defender which shows turnoff by group policy plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-turns-off-by-group-policy/05d50a9e-c7ec-46ed-9331-5d9b3ecbea67
  8. windows defender turn off by group policy:

windows defender turn off by group policy:: how can I on my windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turn-off-by-group-policy/2491d75a-40f4-48ad-9af2-60106a7cb07b
  9. Defender turned off in group policy

Defender turned off in group policy: defender is currently off and when i try to turn on it says its set off in group policy. I am not sure how this happened but i cant turn it on again. gpedit isnt available on my home version of windows so how did it get turned off in the first place? 66403
  10. Windows defender is "Turned off by Group Policy"

Windows defender is "Turned off by Group Policy": Hey! I am using Windows 10 Pro. When I launch Windows Defender, it tells that this program had been turned off by group policy. I tried to run as administrator and reinstall Windows Defender, but the problem still persists 87057