Windows 10: i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?

Discus and support i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] as there are 8 processor but msconfig shows only one [img] so i tried to fix this using park control but this also shows only one [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karki, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Karki Win User

i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?

i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this? [​IMG]

as there are 8 processor
    but
    msconfig shows only one

so
    i tried to fix this using park control
    but this also shows only one

this is my pc

:)

Karki, Apr 7, 2020

2. Can't fix MSCONFIG Processor setting after changing number of processors to 8

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    I was looking for ways to increase performance and I came across some postings on MSCONFIG. I navigated to the option Boot/Advanced Options/Number of Processors. When I checked it, I saw that I could change the number from 1 to 8. I did so and rebooted. Now, when I boot I get in an endless loop of Windows Automatic Repair telling me that I have a configuration error and "Attempting Repairs". I'd like to change the Processors back from 8 to 1.
    When I choose Advanced Options \ Troubleshoot \ Advanced Options I receive a menu of choices.

• Menu Options
    • When I select "System Restore \Restore Point" for a few selections I get the message "System Restore did not complete successfully. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x800070003)"
    • When I select "Go back to the previous version" I receive the message "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows."
    • When I select "System Image Recovery" I receive the message "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer."
    • When I select "Start Repair" I get an error with that as well.

I've also taken the following steps already.

• Other Steps:
    • Windows with Command Prompt (It Boots from drive X", and the
      original drive "C" is now "E")
    • net user administrator /active:yes
    • CD E:\Windows\System32\config MSCONFIG (I Receive the error: "You do
      not have sufficient privileges to run System Configuration. Please
      run this utility as a user in the Administrators group."
    • CD
      E:\Windows\System32\config ICACLS E:\Windows\System32\config*.*
      /INHERITANCE:r /GRANT:r Administratori have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this? :(F) /F /C
    • Regedit
    • (I point to
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)
    • File / Load Hive
    • (I Navigate to)
      E:\Windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE
    • Open
    • (I receive the message
      "SOFTWARE You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the
      file owner or an administrator to obtain permission")

How can I change the number of processor settings when I'm in Windows Automatic Repair?

user3138025, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Number of Processors in MSCONFIG

Ok, so i'm tweaking with my OS, and i opened up msconfig. I noticed that under Number of Processors, it shows I have 16. I only have an 8-core processor. What would happen if i chose 8 or 16? Would i get a faster boot time?

RainbowPride, Apr 7, 2020
  4. i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?

Enabling 8 processors in msconfig boot?

Hey guys I have a quick question. I was wondering if my laptop boot time would be faster if I set "Number of processors" to 8 under advanced options in msconfig's boot tab. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with Intel 6700hq.

Devak Keerthy, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?

1. i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this? - Similar Threads - processor msconfig show

2. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  3. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  4. I only have one name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only have one name: hello because of abuse in my past and gender issues presently I use and am known only by one name, how do I get microsoft to except this for my account, It seems to only want me to have both a first and a second name. currently i am listed as Mo Mo so good they named me twice...
  5. I only have one name

I only have one name: hello because of abuse in my past and gender issues presently I use and am known only by one name, how do I get microsoft to except this for my account, It seems to only want me to have both a first and a second name. currently i am listed as Mo Mo so good they named me twice...
  6. Msconfig processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  7. Msconfig processors

Msconfig processors: Can i lower the amount of processors to reduce heat? I have 12. Can I use 8 or maybe 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-processors/eaa6873b-39c8-4166-8504-4cb19ed9f8e5
  8. Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot shows 2 OSs, MsConfig/Boot shows only one: Ever since the Win10 upgrade, there has been a delay in the boot sequence, waiting for me to choose which OS I want to use. After some seconds the sequence continues with Win10 boot. I've just put up with it by starting the computer and walking away for some coffee. But it...
  9. i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have 8 processor but msconfig show only one how can i fix this?: [img] as there are 8 processor but msconfig shows only one [img] so i tried to fix this using park control but this also shows only one [img] this is my pc [img] 153760
  10. Number of Processors in MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Number of Processors in MSCONFIG: Ok, so i'm tweaking with my OS, and i opened up msconfig. I noticed that under Number of Processors, it shows I have 16. I only have an 8-core processor. What would happen if i chose 8 or 16? Would i get a faster boot time? 114596