Windows 10: I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

Discus and support I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone I have and always had 8GB installed in this PC, i think i never had more than 4 usable but now i only get 2.6 as it says on the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Diogo_Carvalho, Mar 24, 2021.

1. I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

Hey everyone

I have and always had 8GB installed in this PC, i think i never had more than 4 usable but now i only get 2.6 as it says on the system info

Anyone knows how to fix this??

I tried to go to the msconfig and then up to the "max memory" but it didnt worked...

please help

Thank you in advance

:)

Diogo_Carvalho, Mar 24, 2021
  2. shobuddy Win User

Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved

I'm starting to suspect this since I've tried everything else. So Windows would recognize the 8GB installed even though the pins are bent? I figured if the pins are bent, it would only recognize and use what it can see but its seeing 8GB and saying only 6GB is usable.

shobuddy, Mar 24, 2021
  3. shobuddy Win User

I ran "Speccy" diagnostic on the memory in below is a screenshot. You can see from the numbers which are the pairs. Anything in the number discrepancy between the pairs that would cause an issue. Even so, its odd that three of the modules would be usable. I would expect both the two new ones not to be usable, not just one?

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable [​IMG]

shobuddy, Mar 24, 2021
  4. shobuddy Win User

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

I'm not very savvy so I've attached the page from the manual discussing this. Can't tell if it would only allow two slots.

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable [​IMG]

shobuddy, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

1. I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable - Similar Threads - 8GB RAM installed

2. 8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 3 with 8GB of ram but only 6GB is usable... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-installed-6gb-usable/fa597015-e09f-4747-b274-82128dc78d92
  3. 8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 3 with 8GB of ram but only 6GB is usable... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-installed-6gb-usable/fa597015-e09f-4747-b274-82128dc78d92
  4. I have 6GB of RAM installed but only 3.24GB is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 6GB of RAM installed but only 3.24GB is usable: I recently added another DDR2 RAM with 2GB alongside my other 2 2GB RAMs.However, Windows only uses 3.24GB of them.Specs:Computer: Dell Vostro 200 Slim towerOS: Windows 8.1 x64 The issue persisted with other versions of WindowsDDR2 RAM slots, 3 RAM sticks each one containing...
  5. I have 6GB of RAM installed but only 3.24GB is usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 6GB of RAM installed but only 3.24GB is usable: I recently added another DDR2 RAM with 2GB alongside my other 2 2GB RAMs.However, Windows only uses 3.24GB of them.Specs:Computer: Dell Vostro 200 Slim towerOS: Windows 8.1 x64 The issue persisted with other versions of WindowsDDR2 RAM slots, 3 RAM sticks each one containing...
  6. Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.: I have 6gb ddr3 ram 4+2 installed on my pc. I think I remember the properties showing about5.6gb usable ram. Suddenly today I booted my pc and found out mygames were struggling to load properly. Then I found out system properties page was showing4gb of 6gb ram usable. Then I...
  7. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    8gb of ram only 3.9 usable: So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here. specs: CPU: ryzen 5 2600 GPU: gtx 1660 RAM: Viper...
  8. Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved: I have a 64-bit windows 10 desktop with 4GB (2x2GB) of memory that I built about nine years ago. A week ago I purchased more memory (2x2GB) of the same brand/model/specs to bring the total up to 8GB but when I installed it, windows said 8GB is installed but only 4GB is...
  9. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...
  10. 6GB of RAM installed but only 4.96 usable

6GB of RAM installed but only 4.96 usable: I installed windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have an Acer laptop and I checked the BIOS for any memory options and there's nothing there. The BIOS itself, gives me 6144MB of RAM, so I'm guessing everything is fine. I checked that the max memory tab in MSCONFIG is unchecked....