Windows 10: I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

Discus and support I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Ra1n69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzmxu7/i_have_90_gb_free_on_my_ssd_but_disk_management/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ra1n69, Nov 21, 2019.

1. /u/Ra1n69 Win User

I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

/u/Ra1n69, Nov 21, 2019
  2. NjnBat Win User

Unable to shrink the C drive beyond 455 GB

I was trying to partition my 1 TB hard drive in new windows 10 laptop from HP by using disk management tool . I would like to keep the following partition sizes:

C Drive : 200 GB

D Drive : 400 GB

E Drive : 300 GB

However I am unable to proceed as the shrink cannot be beyond 50% and it doesn't allow Volume C to be less than 455 GB.

Will I be able to successfully shrink it to 200 GB in c drive and does it have any disadvantages doing so?

NjnBat, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Disk Management for External SSD drive

I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow
    this. Is this an issue with the drive interface being locked to prevent this use?

Any suggestions?

Frank Plankey, Nov 21, 2019
  4. I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

I have a new Dell 8900 with updated drivers and software. I have not added as SSD before and I am afraid I am missing something obvious.

The drive shows up in the BIOS in SATA 4 port. It also is in the Device Manager under the Disk Drives heading as SATA SSD. It does not show up in the listing of drives under Disk Management.

I know it needs to be formatted, but it does not have a drive letter assigned and I do not see how to get it one.

I did try Uninstalling the driver under the Device Manager, it just found the same info after scanning for new hardware.

Thanks for your help...

BillLukens, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

1. I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to... - Similar Threads - free ssd disk

2. I have committed 5.7 GB RAM but only 4 GB is usable. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have committed 5.7 GB RAM but only 4 GB is usable. Why?: Have a look at the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-committed-57-gb-ram-but-only-4-gb-is-usable/05d2a939-06cf-4abe-a938-db11f9759a6a
  3. I have committed 5.7 GB RAM but only 4 GB is usable. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have committed 5.7 GB RAM but only 4 GB is usable. Why?: Have a look at the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-committed-57-gb-ram-but-only-4-gb-is-usable/05d2a939-06cf-4abe-a938-db11f9759a6a
  4. I can only shrink my D drive by 4 GB but 200 GB space is available?File paging,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only shrink my D drive by 4 GB but 200 GB space is available?File paging,...: A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume New Volume D:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file appears to be:...
  5. I can only shrink my D drive by 4 GB but 200 GB space is available?File paging,...

I can only shrink my D drive by 4 GB but 200 GB space is available?File paging,...: A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume New Volume D:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file appears to be:...
  6. I have 222 GB of storage in Local Disk C SSD and it shows that I have approx. 90 GB left on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 222 GB of storage in Local Disk C SSD and it shows that I have approx. 90 GB left on...: I have a SSD of 222 GB and I have 92.3 GB of files kept in it. According to maths, i should have 129.7 GB of storage left but it shows 91.2 GB left.What is the problem, is my SSD corrupting? Can I fix it or something else. As it slows my PC as it is my main disk....
  7. I have 222 GB of storage in Local Disk C SSD and it shows that I have approx. 90 GB left on...

I have 222 GB of storage in Local Disk C SSD and it shows that I have approx. 90 GB left on...: I have a SSD of 222 GB and I have 92.3 GB of files kept in it. According to maths, i should have 129.7 GB of storage left but it shows 91.2 GB left.What is the problem, is my SSD corrupting? Can I fix it or something else. As it slows my PC as it is my main disk....
  8. I have 222 GB of storage in Local Disk C SSD and it shows that I have approx. 90 GB left on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I have 930 gb available but it only lets me use half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 930 gb available but it only lets me use half: Some time ago I was "solving" a problem with a videogame and as a consequence I ended up touching something in the storage configuration that caused it to be limited to half of it but in reality you can use a lot more, it just doesn't appear available and therefore it doesn't...
  10. Cannot partition SSD, despite 90 gb free space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot partition SSD, despite 90 gb free space.: 92 gb of free space. Want to install ubuntu for work. 225 gig ssd cannot be partitioned, shrink volume enable only to shrink 2147 mbs which doesnt make sense? submitted by /u/Caveman014 [link] [comments]...