Windows 10: I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

Discus and support I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jhonarbakal [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jhonarbakal, Nov 22, 2020.

1. I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

/u/jhonarbakal, Nov 22, 2020

2. The drive where windows is installed is locked.

The drive on this computer is a 250 GB SSD drive and has windows 10 version 1607. There is also a storage 1 TB internal hard drive. The bios is UEFI hybrid with CSM.

For Reset this PC and save my files using a bootable windows iso it displays: The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

In this youtube video they were able to use diskpart to unlock the drive and return to the desk top:

These are the steps that I was able to perform:

command prompt: diskpart

List disk

Disk### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

disk0 online 238 GB 9 MB

disk1 online 931 GB 931 GB

disk2 online 58 GB 0 B

sel disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk

list partition

Partition### Type Size Offset

Partition 1 Primary 235 GB 1024 KB

Partition 2 Primary 2048 MB 235 GB

Partition 3 Recovery 782 MB 237 GB

In attempting to follow the video when I entered: create partition efi

it displayed: MSR and EFI partitions are only supported on GPT disks. Convert the selected disk to GPT and try again.

What does the above mean?

What are the alternative steps to unlock the drive and save the files?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

questions_, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 100% disk usage on Windows 10

I have been having 100% disk usage off and on for several months. I have tried all steps from every suggestion I can find and nothing resolves the issue. I finally reset to a fresh install of Windows (wiping out all of my files and programs). Here I am
    with nothing on this computer, two programs open (Task Manager and Chrome), bouncing between 22-100% disk usage. Please help! I'm at my wits end! I have a Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @ 2.75 GHz, 2tb hard drive and 16 GB RAM

KristinaClever, Nov 22, 2020
  4. CC_689 Win User

I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

Windows Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup reports "you can use Disk Cleanup to free up to 4.00 TB of disk space on (CI have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... :)".

The bulk of this is listed as "Windows Update Cleanup 3.99 TB"

The trouble is that drive C is a 100 GB partition on a 250 GB SSD.

Settings, System, Storage shows:

C: 37.7 GB used out of 97.5 GB

D: 41.4 GB used out of 140 GB

The OS is Windows 10 Home, version 1607, fully updated to March 16, 2017.

There is not even 1 TB of disk space so how can Disk Cleanup free up to 4.00 TB?

Is it safe to run Disk Cleanup in this situation?

Thanks for any advice!

CC_689, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

1. I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... - Similar Threads - 250 HHD disk

2. Disk still at 100 precent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk still at 100 precent: Hello, I have a problem with my disk being at 100 percent. I have tried different methods to get rid of it including command input, a Clean boot, and even disk clean up and disabling things at start up. I really could use some help for a method that would put the disk down...
  3. Disk still at 100 precent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk still at 100 precent: Hello, I have a problem with my disk being at 100 percent. I have tried different methods to get rid of it including command input, a Clean boot, and even disk clean up and disabling things at start up. I really could use some help for a method that would put the disk down...
  4. Disk still at 100 precent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  6. C drive has 100+GB used and I can't find where it's going

C drive has 100+GB used and I can't find where it's going: It says I have 64 GB used in "apps and features" alone but going through the list there's no files in there that take up more than a few MB. I'd understand a few GB going towards default windows files but there's no way its taking over 50 for that. Pics attached show it...
  7. C drive has 100+GB used and I can't find where it's going

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive has 100+GB used and I can't find where it's going: It says I have 64 GB used in "apps and features" alone but going through the list there's no files in there that take up more than a few MB. I'd understand a few GB going towards default windows files but there's no way its taking over 50 for that. Pics attached show it...
  8. C drive has 100+GB used and I can't find where it's going

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. C: drive has only 100 GB of storage available but 931 GB of Space is in an Unallocated Disk...

C: drive has only 100 GB of storage available but 931 GB of Space is in an Unallocated Disk...: I created a VM with Hyper-V by mistake and now I have an unallocated Disk with 900 GB of storage sitting there, and my regular C: drive only has 100 GB of storage. How to get rid of the unallocated disk and put all of that storage back on my C drive? Things I have tried:...
  10. Lately my PC has always been at 100% DISK USAGE and I dont know what to do....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lately my PC has always been at 100% DISK USAGE and I dont know what to do....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YaBoiCalum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7nw4a/lately_my_pc_has_always_been_at_100_disk_usage/