Windows 10: I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

Discus and support I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jhonarbakal [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jhonarbakal, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:52 AM.

1. I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

/u/jhonarbakal, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:52 AM

2. The drive where windows is installed is locked.

The drive on this computer is a 250 GB SSD drive and has windows 10 version 1607. There is also a storage 1 TB internal hard drive. The bios is UEFI hybrid with CSM.

For Reset this PC and save my files using a bootable windows iso it displays: The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

In this youtube video they were able to use diskpart to unlock the drive and return to the desk top:

These are the steps that I was able to perform:

command prompt: diskpart

List disk

Disk### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

disk0 online 238 GB 9 MB

disk1 online 931 GB 931 GB

disk2 online 58 GB 0 B

sel disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk

list partition

Partition### Type Size Offset

Partition 1 Primary 235 GB 1024 KB

Partition 2 Primary 2048 MB 235 GB

Partition 3 Recovery 782 MB 237 GB

In attempting to follow the video when I entered: create partition efi

it displayed: MSR and EFI partitions are only supported on GPT disks. Convert the selected disk to GPT and try again.

What does the above mean?

What are the alternative steps to unlock the drive and save the files?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. 100% disk usage on Windows 10

I have been having 100% disk usage off and on for several months. I have tried all steps from every suggestion I can find and nothing resolves the issue. I finally reset to a fresh install of Windows (wiping out all of my files and programs). Here I am
    with nothing on this computer, two programs open (Task Manager and Chrome), bouncing between 22-100% disk usage. Please help! I'm at my wits end! I have a Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @ 2.75 GHz, 2tb hard drive and 16 GB RAM

KristinaClever, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:53 AM
  4. CC_689 Win User

I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

Windows Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup reports "you can use Disk Cleanup to free up to 4.00 TB of disk space on (CI have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... :)".

The bulk of this is listed as "Windows Update Cleanup 3.99 TB"

The trouble is that drive C is a 100 GB partition on a 250 GB SSD.

Settings, System, Storage shows:

C: 37.7 GB used out of 97.5 GB

D: 41.4 GB used out of 140 GB

The OS is Windows 10 Home, version 1607, fully updated to March 16, 2017.

There is not even 1 TB of disk space so how can Disk Cleanup free up to 4.00 TB?

Is it safe to run Disk Cleanup in this situation?

Thanks for any advice!

Thema:

I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't...

1. I have a 250 GB HHD disk drive and lately it has been locked on 100 precent, I can't... - Similar Threads - 250 HHD disk

2. Been getting BSOD's lately. I have all the files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been getting BSOD's lately. I have all the files.: Been getting bsod's about once a week sometimes 2x a week ever since I upgraded to win10. I have a feeling it might be due to old equipment starting to fail as everything is about 2-3yrs old now. But here is the link to the bsod's and speccy output and msinfo on my onedrive....
  3. Apparently I have over 100 GB of Apps, but that's impossible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apparently I have over 100 GB of Apps, but that's impossible?: [ATTACH] I noticed that I had 124 GB taken up in Apps and features, but the biggest app I have is only 2 GB. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this? If it helps, I recently got a Trojan virus and I'm not sure if it's still on my computer. edit: I also have 25 GB of...
  4. I have been locked out...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have been locked out...: I have used and tried every password ive ever had in my life and this computer will not allow me to get past my signin screen. Am wondering if its due to the laptop battery not holding its charge long and had wiped the password completely? Is this possible ? So here i am...
  5. Has anyone been able to fix the 100% disk usage I have tried a whole bunch of fixes but...

Has anyone been able to fix the 100% disk usage I have tried a whole bunch of fixes but...: I have been dealing with this since 2017 submitted by /u/cmdralpha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbrqfs/has_anyone_been_able_to_fix_the_100_disk_usage_i/
  6. Lately my PC has always been at 100% DISK USAGE and I dont know what to do....

Lately my PC has always been at 100% DISK USAGE and I dont know what to do....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YaBoiCalum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7nw4a/lately_my_pc_has_always_been_at_100_disk_usage/
  7. My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...: This is a big problem! Recently I downloaded the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and I have inadvertently downloaded it to my 1 TB External Hard Drive. The 1 TB content was missing from this Hard Disk Drive and it showed Drive now reads as ESD-USB (F Drive) and shows...
  8. I HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH A LOT OF ISSUES OF LATE ONE IS Intermittent CONETVITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH A LOT OF ISSUES OF LATE ONE IS Intermittent CONETVITY: Intermittent CONETVITY when I ran the trouble shooter the message said the IP configuration Ip sec negotiation that the setting are not right and the fire wall is blocking and this is on sites I use every day witch did not happen before and I also have been getting the blue...
  9. i have locked my local disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i have locked my local disk: I have to enter my BitLocker recovery id of 48 digits, but I was mistakenly deleted my recovery code. so, I need to that to lock out of it. anybody id there to get me out of this problem...
  10. have been having this problem with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    have been having this problem with 100% disk usage: Ok, so i also have been having this problem with 100% disk usage and its been extremely aggravating as absolutely nothing fixes it.... I start up the computer and logon and immediately it shows 100% usage: [img] [img] After maybe 4-10 minutes or so it dies down:...