Windows 10: i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

Discus and support i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i can not get past lock screen. i have a user name and then other users.I can not get past either one of these is there a back door to get to the safe... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dbullock kotasec.com, Apr 30, 2021.

1. i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

i can not get past lock screen. i have a user name and then other users.I can not get past either one of these is there a back door to get to the safe mode of the computer so i can default windows and restart and put in a new pw??

:)

dbullock kotasec.com, Apr 30, 2021

2. forgotten pw on laptop

i have forgotten my pw for my windows 10 laptop, what can do to recover my PC without reinstalling Windows?

DarrenDale, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 30, 2021
  4. i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is...

1. i have a 2nd computer that can not get past lock screen i have forgotten the new PW is... - Similar Threads - 2nd computer past

2. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  3. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  4. I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried...: I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried resetting password asks for usb tried and not working - stuck on sign in page - please help! Windows 11...
  5. I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried...

I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried...: I have forgotten my password to get into windows 11 and can not get passed this have tried resetting password asks for usb tried and not working - stuck on sign in page - please help! Windows 11...
  6. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  7. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  8. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Computer will not get past the lock screen properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not get past the lock screen properly: I have a friends machine a HP Pavillion desktop tower which will turn on and the go to the lock screen but will not run Windows once I put in the PIN number. There is a small box that is linked to a driver support software the does show up but I cannot get any net connection...
  10. PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!: Hi! Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a password. Now it asks for one and I cannot recall it. I've tried every pw I've ever used. I have important files and data are...