Windows 10: I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a...

Discus and support I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I format this as a clean 2TB drive? And. Do I use NTFS to do so? Please explain as google is no help. PS> I installed a new Windows 10 image on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WhateverGoes1, Dec 9, 2019.

1. I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a...

Can I format this as a clean 2TB drive? And. Do I use NTFS to do so? Please explain as google is no help. PS> I installed a new Windows 10 image on my new HDD which is what I boot up with. I have 4 - 2TB drives. 2 for data, 1 with the old Windows 10 install (the one I want to format) And the 4th drive (my primary) with the new Windows 10 installation. Thanks a lot!

:)

WhateverGoes1, Dec 9, 2019
  2. StrayKAT Win User

Installing a 960 evo m.2

Personally, I'd suggest backing up personal stuff from that 2TB.. if you can. Put what you can on a USB flash or something. Then format the HDD and unplug it. Then just boot up your windows install disc and install it on the NVME. Later plug the HDD in and should be your D or E drive.

StrayKAT, Dec 9, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    No format option for new Vista install?

After the disk is in and it does it's thing for a while, you will get a screen with your HDD's listed on it. Select the HDD that you want to install Vista on and format it. Then continue to install Vista on that HDD.

erocker, Dec 9, 2019
  4. I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a...

1. I have a 2TB HDD with a prior installation of Windows 10 on it. Can I format this as a... - Similar Threads - 2TB HDD prior

2. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10: Hi all, I have a 256 GB micro SD card which used to work of sorts.....in that it would only load so much data then stop and say there is a problem. I re formatted it but now isnt even recognised by windows 10 which shows the sd drive in explorer but says please put a disk in...
  3. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10: Hi all, I have a 256 GB micro SD card which used to work of sorts.....in that it would only load so much data then stop and say there is a problem. I re formatted it but now isnt even recognised by windows 10 which shows the sd drive in explorer but says please put a disk in...
  4. How to format hdd having installed windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format hdd having installed windows 7: How do I format hdd having installed windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-hdd-having-installed-windows-7/878bb244-9705-4d9e-b480-f276750e2b5d
  5. How to format hdd having installed windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format hdd having installed windows 7: How do I format hdd having installed windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-hdd-having-installed-windows-7/878bb244-9705-4d9e-b480-f276750e2b5d
  6. 2TB HDD Data Only Non-Boot - Format to MBR or GPT??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2TB HDD Data Only Non-Boot - Format to MBR or GPT??: Am using / installing a new 2TB HDD drive. Quick Info: - 2TB capacity WD - Will be a Data only drive, not OS or Boot Drive - Will most likely only have one or two partitions at most on the new drive - ASUS i5 Motherboard supports HDD's > 2TB and worked well with 3TB...
  7. How do I format an HDD on my laptop if I have another OS installed on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I format an HDD on my laptop if I have another OS installed on it?: Hey guys, I have a laptop with an SSD and an HDD. Windows 10 is installed on my SSD while I have Linux installed on my HDD. I would like to format the HDD to make it usable for extra storage because my SSD is almost full but I'm not quite sure how to do that. Any help is...
  8. 2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??

2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??: I just got a new 2TB HHD and i want to know which partition style i need to use MBR or GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2tb-hdd-format-to-mbr-or-gpt/672f2d14-e381-4682-9f1b-9b89f016c52f
  9. can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?

can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?: i just bought new hdd and i want to install win 10 on it. i have a working win 10 and win 10 iso, can i just install win 10 to my other hard drive without usb or dvd? 23799
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847