Windows 10: I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help

Discus and support I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the laptop to play Minecraft, but Microsoft has upped the version required to play to windows 10 1734, I'm on version 1607. I managed to free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RazeMB, Oct 31, 2019.

1. /u/RazeMB Win User

I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help

I use the laptop to play Minecraft, but Microsoft has upped the version required to play to windows 10 1734, I'm on version 1607.

I managed to free enough space for it, but then it got stuck with "attach external storage media and press OK", so I attached a formatted 32gb sd card, yet pressing okay did nothing.

I have tried to install updates using Microsoft update catalogue, but every package I install says it is not applicable (I am choosing the correct architecture)

I really wish to do this in a way that doesn't mean a fresh install. Any tips or help is welcome, please.

submitted by /u/RazeMB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RazeMB, Oct 31, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    32GB laptop - install updates on external drive

Welcome to TenForums @0nyx175

I see from your screenshot you have the Update Assistant asking for more space, so this would be the update to 1803. As Samuria says, you can download the install media to a usb using the Media Creation Tool, so that will be on a usb and not eating up your precious space.

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

You start a manual update to 1803 by running the Setup you will see on the usb. That's step 5 in this tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

But you may still need to free up space first. Windows update backups can eat a lot of space, they can be cleaned up by using Disc Clean up and clicking 'clean up system files'. That's item 14 in this comprehensive tutorial that lists all the ways you can clean up space on your drive.

Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help - Similar Threads - 32gb laptop can't

2. i have hp stream 11 and i installed windows8 32gb, i installed windows 10 64gb,lots of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have hp stream 11 and i installed windows8 32gb, i installed windows 10 64gb,lots of...: i have hp stream 11 windows 8, 32bit. i installed windows 10, and i think it is 64 bit version. i have no space, my touch screen no longer works. its a nightmare!!! how can i clean and go back to factory or what can i do??? please helpdawn...
  3. i have hp stream 11 and i installed windows8 32gb, i installed windows 10 64gb,lots of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have hp stream 11 and i installed windows8 32gb, i installed windows 10 64gb,lots of...: i have hp stream 11 windows 8, 32bit. i installed windows 10, and i think it is 64 bit version. i have no space, my touch screen no longer works. its a nightmare!!! how can i clean and go back to factory or what can i do??? please helpdawn...
  4. Can't install windows Defender updates help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install windows Defender updates help.: Windows defender update KB4052623 version 4.18.2001.10 is not intalling on my pc can somebody help me out? submitted by /u/PlayerArtoryas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gccyzh/cant_install_windows_defender_updates_help/
  5. Can't update Windows due to space in SSD 32GB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows due to space in SSD 32GB: Hi, I have a Lenovo 120S Laptop with Windows 10 . It's been acting weird for long time. I tried to update it but there is no room enough in the memory card. I remove everything non essential, but still not getting free memory space required. Every time I start the Laptop,...
  6. 1909 update on laptop with 32gb ssd

1909 update on laptop with 32gb ssd: Hi Microsoft Community! How can I update my laptop 32gb ssd to 1909 version? I use a USB stick and the best free space I can get from the C: is 3.24 GB but the update keeps asking me to find 2 Gb more which is impossible! Any help?...
  7. Install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb?

Install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb?: Anyone know if you can install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb? Didnt MS say something about they wont support it? 132823
  8. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop: As I made the mistake of buying a 32gb laptop, I ran out of space quickly and can't free anymore up. I can not update the laptop, it's slow and i just wanted a clean install. Well I can't do that either because when I use the Media Creation Tool it tells I need 8gb of space...
  9. 32GB laptop - install updates on external drive

32GB laptop - install updates on external drive: Hi there guys, I bought a cheap 32GB Acer laptop recently and it's been quickly filled with Windows updates to the point where the largest program i have installed is the Chrome browser at 387MB. I need to free up 8GB for the latest round of Windows updates but that's just...
  10. How install updates on a 32GB notebook?

How install updates on a 32GB notebook?: I tried to update windows but the progress is stuck at 4%. I checked the Ethernet tab under task manager and there was zero network traffic. My HDD have only 9GB left so I guess there isn't enough storage? So my question is how am I supposed to install updates? I read that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant update 32gb laptop