Windows 10: I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

Discus and support I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac. I own this game and have all the packaging and original key inside the box. When I tried to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulJEldridge, Jun 13, 2020.

1. I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

I am running Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac.

I own this game and have all the packaging and original key inside the box. When I tried to install it, the key does not work.

:)

PaulJEldridge, Jun 13, 2020

2. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Steam and Origin Attack?

They have step two verification now on Origin. Dunno how well it works but I have mine turned on. Just food for thought.

TheMailMan78, Jun 13, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

Origin

Hi 123..4

Well, your Windows 10 version is totally up to date . ..

I just checked on the Origin website, they suggest clearing your Origin cache for this roblem:

Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.

Double-check that Origin is fully closed. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to complete all the steps.

To double-check, open Task Manager and go to Processes. Make sure that Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe aren’t there. If they are, end the tasks to close them.

Hold the Windows key + R.

In the command box that opens, type %ProgramData%/Origin then click OK

DaveM121, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

1. I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and... - Similar Threads - AOEIII game bought

2. I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.: I bought the game using paypal 3 years ago and managed to find the receipt. I don't have access to the game and it says I have to buy it all over again, which is annoying. I logged into the exact same account that I used to play on when I had the access....
  3. I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.: I bought the game using paypal 3 years ago and managed to find the receipt. I don't have access to the game and it says I have to buy it all over again, which is annoying. I logged into the exact same account that I used to play on when I had the access....
  4. how to get an original windows 11 pro or home DVD, in original packaging ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get an original windows 11 pro or home DVD, in original packaging ?: how to get an original windows 11 pro or home DVD, in original packaging, in Ljubljana slovenia I was even at microsoft, there was communicated at big bang, but that was not so !! Here in Austria everything is on USB stick, there are no verified Microsoft points of sale !...
  5. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  6. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  7. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. origin game download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    origin game download: im trying to download a game from origin but the download is automatically paused every time. origin says windows is blocking it and for me to authorize the download by clicking yes. i think i know what its referring to but that window that always popped up with the question...
  9. Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?: Well I finally installed it and from what I can gather it appears I have it set up to run in 'Incremental Forever' mode. It's incrementally belching my C and D drives out 8am every day onto my Seagate 4TB external drive, so that's nice. It takes only a few minutes. I turn...
  10. Original windows 10 disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original windows 10 disc: I got windows 10 on my usb memory stick, but im thinking about getting a windows 10 installation disc in case the memory stick should break or stop working for whatever reason.. what do you guys think? also, where can i buy the original disc? so far this is what i found....