Windows 10: i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I...

Discus and support i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I get a background setting for when the screen goes black?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robinwilliams9, Oct 23, 2019.

1. i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I...

i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I get a background setting for when the screen goes black?

:)

robinwilliams9, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 23, 2019
  4. i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I...

PC goes into sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is your present user account profile type? (Microsoft account or local account)

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

This issue may occur, due to some corruption or incorrect settings in your computer power settings.

As per your post, you say "but have set the "Turn off the display" to 30 minutes and the "Put the computer to sleep" to 30 minutes.", let's ensure to set these 2 settings to "never" to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to follow these methods below, to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Power troubleshooter:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep
    mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.

2. Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select Power.

3. Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, follow the method 2.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.
    Disclaimer: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan and customize the same according to your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Try to refer to the suggestions given by Eeshwar Kumar replied on October 26, 2015, to fix your issue.

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I...

1. i have a background set on my pc which I like but, when my computer goes to sleep, how do I... - Similar Threads - background set computer

2. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  3. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  4. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-when-i-am-working-on-it-why/9b1f3f92-b7c9-4f1c-ae78-d7deade3622f
  5. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-when-i-am-working-on-it-why/9b1f3f92-b7c9-4f1c-ae78-d7deade3622f
  6. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. How do I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put my computer to sleep?: Very specific directions:On my old computer which had a problem that couldn't be fixed it was six years old though reinstalling Windows might help I could push a button and the computer would turn off but would come back on with just the touch of a key or the mouse. No need...
  8. Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?: Hi, Is there no way to skip the sign-in screen I see every time I log into W10 or my pc goes to sleep? (first I have to press the background and then press sign-in, annoying!) I saw a lot of guides online but none helped. Note that I don't have a password, so it is even...
  9. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?: How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-length-of-time-before-my/a7cae792-8d40-451a-943a-1e6303bce93d
  10. Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??: This bothersome issue started only recently (*maybe* since the last Win10 update). Initially, I thought it happened only when my computer went to sleep ... then I checked my settings and I have it set to *never* go to sleep. These magical Windows wav sounds start playing...