Windows 10: I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard .

Discus and support I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello . yesterday i bought a blue backlight mechanical keyboard for my laptop , and an usb hub , because my laptop has 2 ports , i was using one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marinel Cipu, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard .

Hello . yesterday i bought a blue backlight mechanical keyboard for my laptop , and an usb hub , because my laptop has 2 ports , i was using one of them for the laptop cooler , and the second one for my illuminated rgb mouse . Now , im im using a port for my mouse and the second one for my usb hub ( i plugged the blue illuminated mechanical keyboard and the cooler in the usb hub ) . Now it looks like i have a bit of lag in rainbow six siege , maybe in some other games too. Is this caused by the keyboard? I have a bit of lag and fps loss . By the way my power plan is set to high performance and my laptop is always plugged in. The keyboard doesn't require any driver , by the way . And sorry for the wrong topic i was not able to find something better.

:)

Marinel Cipu, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 5, 2018
  3. borgus Win User
    BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Sep 5, 2018
  4. I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard .

IE11 Lagging

I did all steps as outlined. IE is a bit faster, but the lagging is still there in regular browsing. If I use InPrivate browsing, it works fine with no lag.

BradRichard, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard .

1. I have a bit of lag with my new keyboard . - Similar Threads - bit lag keyboard

2. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard lagging after not being used for a bit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard lagging after not being used for a bit.: As I have seen many other posts this issue has been going on for years and I cannot find a solution. It takes 2 seconds after pushing the keyboard to wake it, why is it doing this? I had a apple magic keyboard and never had this issue of lag when using it after 10-30 seconds...
  3. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard lagging after not being used for a bit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard lagging after not being used for a bit.: As I have seen many other posts this issue has been going on for years and I cannot find a solution. It takes 2 seconds after pushing the keyboard to wake it, why is it doing this? I had a apple magic keyboard and never had this issue of lag when using it after 10-30 seconds...
  4. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard lagging after not being used for a bit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag: I have a dell wireless keyboard + mouse setup with my PC It has a weird type of lag on random occasions missing keystrokes/ delay in registering keystrokes, feels as if the keystrokes are getting registering lateWhenever, I encounter this issue it either goes off itself in...
  6. wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag: I have a dell wireless keyboard + mouse setup with my PC It has a weird type of lag on random occasions missing keystrokes/ delay in registering keystrokes, feels as if the keystrokes are getting registering lateWhenever, I encounter this issue it either goes off itself in...
  7. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  8. keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard lag: my keyboard input is lagging. while playing games i'll hold a key for a second or two, or even tap it, and the game acts like i'm holding the key down for an extra 3 or more seconds. it just happened while switching between tabs, my character ran in a circle, even though my...
  9. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag: Whenever i press certain keys my keyboard starts to lag, as if i'm constantly pressing tab. In command prompt the lag is different, it spams "^z" constantly. Any idea on how to solve the issue?Lag does not happen in games....
  10. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard lag: The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background. How can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-lag/c6fea6e5-9b97-4dce-907a-2d789ac380b0