Windows 10: I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

Discus and support I have a bitlocker recovery key problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Support team, I am having a bitlocker problem as follows: - I used bitlocker before to encrypt for my Windows 7, but after having a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kenvin hoang, Jan 14, 2019.

1. I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

Dear Support team,

I am having a bitlocker problem as follows:

- I used bitlocker before to encrypt for my Windows 7, but after having a window problem I updated to window 10 and forgot to store the recovery key, I have lost the bitlocker recovery key and cannot re-open the drive. Is there any way to help me retrieve the data on the drive? It is very important to me.

I can only remember each access password but now my drive is stuck with the recovery key that needs it to recover the drive.

Thank you very much and wish you a good day

With best regards,
    Kenvin Hoang

:)

kenvin hoang, Jan 14, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 14, 2019
  4. I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

1. I have a bitlocker recovery key problem - Similar Threads - bitlocker recovery key

2. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  3. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  4. BitLock Recovery Key Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLock Recovery Key Problem: As many others are having this problem, has anyone founds a solution yet? My laptop won’t boot up, as it’s asking for the BitLock Recovery Key. On the MS page it lists both my laptop and desktop, but only a recovery key for the desktop. I need my laptop! Can anyone help?...
  5. BitLock Recovery Key Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLock Recovery Key Problem: As many others are having this problem, has anyone founds a solution yet? My laptop won’t boot up, as it’s asking for the BitLock Recovery Key. On the MS page it lists both my laptop and desktop, but only a recovery key for the desktop. I need my laptop! Can anyone help?...
  6. Problem with Bitlocker Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Bitlocker Recovery Key: I got my recovery keyfrom my microsft acount for unlocking Bitlocker ,but this key does not work. Can I get new key ? how can I unlock Bitlocker? [Original Title: bitlocker]...
  7. Big Problem with Bitlocker Recovery Key...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big Problem with Bitlocker Recovery Key...: Hi... I have problem with **Bit-locker**... **I have Recovery Key .txt files** for 2 encrypted drives and created by Bitlocker **but it is empty.** How **can I** **unblock Bitlocker without Recovery Key**? Consider it that I have txt files with names there is some codes or...
  8. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  9. BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one

BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one: I'm doing this on behalf of my step Grand Daughter. She has a Lenovo Ideapad with Surface 6 from 2016. She did a recent Windows Up-date and since then the 'BitLocker Recovery' has been on the screen from startup. Gone all through the process of trying to get the 48...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key problem

Bitlocker recovery key problem: While trying to fix a problem with a recently purchased Surface Pro 2017, I did a clean reset of Windows. Since it had been suggested that the problem I was trying to fix (no Start menu) could be related to the user account, I signed into my Azure university account when...