Windows 10: I have a black screen after sign on

Discus and support I have a black screen after sign on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I am able to sign on to my system; however after sign on I get a black screen. I can get to task manager, I can not run explorer.exe nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cassf_44, Jul 7, 2020.

1. cassf_44 Win User

I have a black screen after sign on

Hi there,

I am able to sign on to my system; however after sign on I get a black screen. I can get to task manager, I can not run explorer.exe nor any other of the suggestions form the Task Manager run Manager.

I can not see anything in safe mode so 'clicking' start and removing a driver is impossible.

I have attempted to back up to previous version - system says it can't do that.

I have 'reset' the system and I was able to see my yellow file folder/system directory task bar but nothing else. Couldn't run explorer.

Then I restarted to see if it would recognize more files/repair on startup and it went back to the black screen.

Now it is 'attempting repairs' which I will let it do for hours on end.

If that doesn't work - what do you suggest?

:)

cassf_44, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 7, 2020
  3. I am having black screen issue with Lenovo all in one pc.

Hi Antony,

This issue may occur due to corrupted system files running on your computer. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message displayed when experiencing the black screen?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this article:
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Based on your description, we suggest that you focus
    on the steps under this section: I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 7, 2020
  4. BabYBuTcH Win User

Black screen with mouse cursor after sign-in on Windows 10

I have followed the steps to uninstall graphics driver, but I have two – Intel and NVIDIA. Which one am I supposed to uninstall?

BabYBuTcH, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. I have a black screen after sign on - Similar Threads - black screen sign

2. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen: Basically the title. I have tried this twice now, the first time a few months ago. I updated and everything was fine, I can see the sign in screen. I type in my pin and I am greeted by a black screen and can't see anything except the cursor. So I tried various fixes found on...
  3. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen: Basically the title. I have tried this twice now, the first time a few months ago. I updated and everything was fine, I can see the sign in screen. I type in my pin and I am greeted by a black screen and can't see anything except the cursor. So I tried various fixes found on...
  4. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing in: I found some things online to possibly fix the problem but I can't try them yet so I'm wondering if I can get confirmed help from people who have had this problem before because this has never happened to me. Picture Thanks submitted by /u/SnooMacarons6339 [link]...
  6. Black Screen after sign in again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen after sign in again: So this has happened to me before and I made a post about it. Today it happened again but this case is different. So after entering my password it a blue screen appears saying "Please Wait" and then the screen goes black. What's different today is that, I can access the task...
  7. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after signing in: I was trying to sign in to windows after an update but after 10 seconds it just gives me a black screen. I've tried refreshing the screen, I cant open task manager even after doing ctrl + alt + del, and I've tries launching in safe mode but it just makes my sign-in screen...
  8. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  9. screen turns black after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    screen turns black after signing in: im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it? 91946
  10. Black Screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after signing in: My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says "Personalized Settings". I decided to turn off my computer and when i signed back in, it brought me to a black screen (with...