Windows 10: I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...

Discus and support I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have done some searching and it appears to be update 1903 related but I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried uninstalling quality updates from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/occono, Nov 24, 2019.

1. /u/occono Win User

I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...

I have done some searching and it appears to be update 1903 related but I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried uninstalling quality updates from the shift restart blue screen but it requires my password and keeps saying it's incorrect which it isn't.

I cAn boot to safe mode fine but the one thing that won't open is Windows update. It's stuck loading forever but the other settings in the settings menu work fine.

submitted by /u/occono
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/occono, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 24, 2019
  4. I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...

Ctrl+Alt+Del lag?

All of a sudden, nothing has changed, but when I use the Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut, my mouse cursor disappears and it after 2 or 3 seconds screen goes black and then after another 2-3 seconds the blue screen with the options like log out, task manager etc appears.

If I hit Task manager, same thing happens. It takes like 5 seconds for it to pop up and there is a periodic black screen in the middle of the operation.

What could be causing this?

Edit: if I hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Task manager shortcut), it's instant.

So it's something to do with that blue screen. It never did it before.. should I be worried?

MLG The Canadian, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...

1. I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task... - Similar Threads - black screen sign

2. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  3. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  4. Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now: I've had the same issue in Windows 10. Could not find any solution although I tried lots of suggestions found on the internet. Upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad to Windows 11 and problem solved.Now a month later, at once, the same problem. All shortcuts with CTRL-button do not work....
  5. White Screen and i can still use ctrl alt delete but with no words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Screen and i can still use ctrl alt delete but with no words: I had a problem earlier and happened twice now when browsing the internet. I forgot when was the first but the second happened today. while browsing the internet using microsoft edge when I alt tab to facebook and scroll down the screen seems to go up and down like shaking....
  6. White Screen and i can still use ctrl alt delete but with no words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen and i can still use ctrl alt delete but with no words: I had a problem earlier and happened twice now when browsing the internet. I forgot when was the first but the second happened today. while browsing the internet using microsoft edge when I alt tab to facebook and scroll down the screen seems to go up and down like shaking....
  7. White Screen and i can still use ctrl alt delete but with no words

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  9. Disable Task Manager on lock screen when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Task Manager on lock screen when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete: Hi, I'm currently using the Windows 10 Pro 1803, and I have some question about disabling task manager on lock screen when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I tried to edit Local Group Policy(Remove Task Manager) to disable it, but the result is blocking all way to access Task...
  10. Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Black screen with cursor and not able to open Task Manager after Ctrl+Alt+Del.: There was multiple similar threads with different suggestions and resolutions. None of them worked for me, could be due to slight variation of causes. In my case, we had multiple(7) brand new Lenovo PC's(Win10Pro x64 v1803) with exact same problem: 1.First login OK 2....