Windows 10: I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello

Discus and support I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why? I have an XPS 13 that is 2 years old and it works just fine, why would the newer computer not be compatible? How can I fix it? It isn't a huge... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AaronSlusher, Aug 29, 2020.

1. I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello

Why? I have an XPS 13 that is 2 years old and it works just fine, why would the newer computer not be compatible? How can I fix it? It isn't a huge issue, but I enjoyed the feature.

:)

AaronSlusher, Aug 29, 2020

2. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Aug 29, 2020
  3. DavidB5 Win User
    Windows Hello wont work on my 3 month old Dell XPS-15 laptop.

Windows Hello wont work on my 3 month old Dell XPS-15 laptop.

When I installed the major Windows 10 update in December, my fingerprint reader stopped working and my PIN stopped working. Ive tried to back through the set-up procedure for both and it is not working. Dell tech support is telling me to REINSTALL THE OPERATING
    SYSTEM!! This is BS!!

DavidB5, Aug 29, 2020
  4. I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Yes go for the appropriate 512 GB or 1 TB M.2 SSD that suits your needs.

You have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop.
    --- What is the original battery part number and the replacement part number?
    Look on the battery itself and also in the battery compartment for that information.

In my post #3
    Dell xps 15 9550 specifications are designed for 56 WHr or 84 WHr.
    https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/a...uide_en-us.pdf
    --- Check it out in the battery section.

In your post #14 "But for the 2nd link that is what im not sure of. Because even though they sell the 97whr, from the manual someone mentioned, 9550 only works with 56wh and the 84wh. But some ppl on forums said they put a 97wh battery that i believe is a 9560 battery into the 9550 and it works. So because of that, thats why im curious because having a 97wh over 84wh battery is obviously a bit better."
    --- That's fine for those who have been successful at it but compare the power ratings of your system to what a 97 Whr Capacity requires.
    --- I wouldn't consider one w/o finding out first from Dell and ask them about applicable information.

In each one of the recommendations of the various posts, the applicable battery part number(s) are included.

On this one, you can also have it verify the compatibility for your laptop.
    New Dell OEM Original XPS 15 (9550) / Precision 15 (5510) 6-Cell 84Wh Extended Battery - 4GVGH
    New Dell OEM Original XPS 15 9550 Precision Battery 4GVGH
    --- Dell Part Number/SKU: 4GVGH

EDIT
    I just found the Dell Precision 5510 Owner's Manual and it lists only 56 WHr or 84 WHr also just like your Dell OEM Original XPS 15 (9550)
    Maybe there's hope for your laptop for 97wh battery after all.
    I recommend you call the Dell parts store and get the information you need to know.

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello

1. I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - brand Dell Laptop

2. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  3. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  4. Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face: Why? I have an XPS 13 that is 2 years old and it works just fine, why would the newer computer not be compatible? How can I fix it? It isn't a huge issue, but I enjoyed the feature. ***Modified title from: I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work...
  5. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  6. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  7. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  8. Camera and mic won't work on Dell inspiron 15-7579

Camera and mic won't work on Dell inspiron 15-7579: I first had this issue within 1 year of buying this laptop, but was able to contact Dell for a fix to the problem as the computer was still under warranty. Within 6 months of fixing the issue, the camera and mic stopped working again, even after installing all the correct...
  9. New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work: So I've had my new Dell computer for about two days. I tried to use the photo app today and it keeps crashing after about 3-5 minutes. I have done literally every step that has been recommended on various sites including this one. Nothing makes it work. I've done a repair...
  10. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...