Windows 10: I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

Discus and support I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayDayDay, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JayDayDay Win User

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer.

:)

JayDayDay, Aug 18, 2019

2. Computer not reading CAC card

I have been reading through a lot subject on getting your on getting your CAC card to work on your computer and have followed everyone's advice, however my computer still doesn't recognize my CAC card when I put it in the reader. I have downloaded the
    smart card manager and it says there are no smart cards detected. In the device manager it says my card reader is working properly and when I try to update drivers it says the most current drivers are installed. Any ideas on what I need to do to get my computer
    to recognize my CAC card?

BrandonFenstermaker, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Computer not reading CAC card

So after rolling back the driver I still had the same issue. The computer recognizes the Common Access Card (CAC) reader but it doesn't read the common access card. So I re-updated the drivers to the most current ones. Any other suggestions?

BrandonFenstermaker, Aug 18, 2019
  4. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

Computer not reading CAC card

The system services might not be configured properly. To ensure that the system services are correctly configured, kindly follow these steps:

• Click Start, type services.msc in the
      Search programs and files
      box, and then press ENTER.

• Locate the Certificate Propagation service, and then verify that the
      Status of this service is Started and that the
      Startup Type
      is Automatic.

• If the settings are different, double-click Certificate Propagation, click
      Automatic in the Startup type list, click
      Start
      to start the service without restarting the computer, and then click
      OK.

• Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the Smart Card service.

• Lastly, reinsert the smart card in the smart card reader.

Check if that resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly get back to us.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

1. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card.... - Similar Threads - cac card reader

2. CAC Card Certificates not showing up on Windows 11 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAC Card Certificates not showing up on Windows 11 Home edition.: CAC Card Certificates not showing up on Windows 11 Home edition. Long Story short I just purchased a Surface Pro 9 to use as a work computer. Found a good deal. I am in the military and need a CAC Card Reader to access different websites for work. I have downloaded the...
  3. New lenovo laptop is not detecting certificates from my CAC Card....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New lenovo laptop is not detecting certificates from my CAC Card....: Just got a new lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with windows 11. I know my cac reader is not malfunctioning, it works on other computers. My computer is detecting it in device manager, but when i insert my CAC, i don't see any certificates under internet options-content-certificates....
  4. New lenovo laptop is not detecting certificates from my CAC Card....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New lenovo laptop is not detecting certificates from my CAC Card....: Just got a new lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with windows 11. I know my cac reader is not malfunctioning, it works on other computers. My computer is detecting it in device manager, but when i insert my CAC, i don't see any certificates under internet options-content-certificates....
  5. CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC: I have updated the driver for the CAC reader a million times now and it still won't read the card. I've tried 3 different readers and same issue. The PC can see the cac reader in device manager but the reader wont read the card. I've tried the reader and card on a MAC and I...
  6. Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...

Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...: I have an HP ProBook 640 G3, i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5GHz; 8 GB RAM; 64-Bit running Win 10 - version 1903. I have an internal CAC reader, an external USB CAC reader and a USB Keyboard/CAC reader. Through April 2020 all three worked fine. Then a Win10 update was pushed in May...
  7. Smart Card not reading CAC

Smart Card not reading CAC: Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a...
  8. Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader): Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September. Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up...
  9. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

CAC Card reader not detecting the card: Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD reader to access websites. After a recent windows update, my computer no longer detects my CAC CARD. The card reader is fine,...
  10. CAC CARD

CAC CARD: Good Evening: I am in the military and I use a CAC CARD reader to access various websites to do my job on my own computer. I took a recent update on Windows 10 to Version 1903. Now my computer sees my cac card reader, but when I insert my cac card it doesn't notice it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cac reader wont read card

2. cac card not reading

3. my cac card reader wont read my card

4. cac reader wont work,
  5. windows 10 doesnt see piv certificate,
  6. cac card wont read,
  7. my smart card reader wont read my cac,
  8. workstation not reading dod piv certificate,
  9. cac card not showing email certificate,
  10. windows 10 not reading cac card,
  11. cant read my cac,