Windows 10: I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how...

Discus and support I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This would pop up whenever I type or click on the caps lock key. Is this a windows feature or is it a third party program interfering?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rlly, Aug 13, 2022.

1. rlly Win User

I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how...

This would pop up whenever I type or click on the caps lock key. Is this a windows feature or is it a third party program interfering?

:)

2. AmStub Win User

CAPS Lock... Really!?!?!?!

Hello,

I am stuck in the apparent age old struggle with Windows 10 and the Caps Lock Indicator.

• I have a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard, new purchase and not cheap... but I need it or my fingers go numb and tingly. This keyboard has no light indicator for Caps Lock.
    • I have Windows 10. Yes, I know you can turn on the "beep" sound for Caps Lock, but that doesn't really do much when you have left your computer for a bit and come back to start typing. I also know about the "visual indicator for sound" feature, but that
      has the same issue as just stated. And also the old "is it the high or low beep that means it's on?".... never mind annoying my office mate during the toggle struggle.
    • I have the newest Edge, which now doesn't even tell me if the Caps Lock is on when typing in the multiple passwords for different apps and sites used for my work.

I have scoured the internet, and I think the only conclusion... which is sad... is that I would have to download some 3rd party program that could possibly give me a virus?

This is my last ditch effort, is there something I can do that shows a Visual Indicator for caps lock that actually tells me if the caps lock is on or off? If not is there an ETA on when this may be developed? I feel like this is a huge oversite.

Thank you!

AmStub, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Caps Lock is on indicator stuck

The indicator for "Caps Lock is on" is stuck on. Caps lock is actually off, but the indicator won't go away. I'm on a Dell desktop and Windows 10. My windows password is in all caps so i press the caps lock key when I log into windows. But after logging
    in, the caps lock indicator in the middle of the display doesn't go away. As I'm typing this, that indicator is front and center on my screen. Pressing the caps lock key works properly in terms of turning caps lock on and off but it doesn't remove the indicator
    on the display when caps lock is off. Here's a screen shot of my screen right now. Notice the "Caps Lock is on" indicator. Please help!

I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how... 0d0f558a-dc40-4920-ad4a-0f501d0313d5.png

Thanks,

John

John C in Denver, Aug 13, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how...

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how... [​IMG]

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how... [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how... - Similar Threads - caps lock indicator

2. I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a caps lock indicator and its really bugging me whenever i type or play games, how...: This would pop up whenever I type or click on the caps lock key. Is this a windows feature or is it a third party program interfering? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-caps-lock-indicator-and-its-really/83a5e479-c277-4e04-ac94-dcc161e0920c
  3. Lenovo caps lock indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo caps lock indicator: so this keeps popping up, and I must've accidently hit a shortcut for this to open but now i cannont get ride of it, I already uninstalled Lenovo Utility but it is still here can someone help...
  4. Caps Lock indicator

Caps Lock indicator: How do I get rid of this horrible Cap Lock On/Off indicator that pops up on my screen? It used not be there and its now on every computer I use. Other threads from a couple years back suggest the following steps. Step 5 is just not present when I try following through. Is...
  5. caps lock indicator

caps lock indicator: How can i display caps and num lock status in the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator/c3cc52d9-3aad-4796-9402-b43713012aa4
  6. How can i turn of the caps lock indicator?

How can i turn of the caps lock indicator?: Hello! Recently a got a new gaming pc and i have had no problems until today when i was playing a game and everytime i pressed caps lock a black and white caption appeared at the right hand lower corner. The caption is not what is bothering me but the fact that is exits the...
  7. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock indicator: [ATTACH] Guys i need help, how tf can i turn this window off? I didnt do any changes in settings but it started showing. https://preview.redd.it/9xvpxslvhff51.png?width=218&format=png&auto=webp&s=47ecf1bbe5b7ad4fba99e2ca4a0f35b14ecba1f7 submitted by /u/poteznygejuch...
  8. How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?: How do I turn off the Caps Lock indicator that keeps popping up near the top left corner of my screen? This has never popped up before until today. I was trying to click a series of keys on the left side of my keyboard which may have triggered this because I noticed the...
  9. Cap Lock indicator

Cap Lock indicator: {Window's 10 home edition, Acer Swift 3} I can't tell when my cap are on? No indicator for cap lock on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-indicator/750bccf8-6dfb-4998-bb6e-118cc6e0c56b
  10. No sound indication on cap lock.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound indication on cap lock.: Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer. The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button. I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone. This also applys to the...