Windows 10: I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

Discus and support I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by richardrhoads, Sep 24, 2022.

1. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install the keyboard, and is there a good free studio program?

:)

richardrhoads, Sep 24, 2022

2. MIDI Keyboard - Connecting Casio Keyboard to Lenovo Z51 Laptop

Hey guys! *Biggrin

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff. *Huh

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help! I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer... :)

Thanks!

Scotty1231, Sep 24, 2022
  3. MIDI USB Class Compliant Devices Do Not Work in Windows 10

Hey I had the same exact problem and this is how I fixed it, even if it doesn't work everytime! (but it is repeatable with an high rate of success)

My keyboard is a CASIO CTK - 2400 and I run win10 on a Laptop/Tablet configuration.

This is how I managed to make it work and what I suggest you try:

-Connect the keyboard to a USB 3.0 port and turn it on (this is how I did it so I suggest you try this before trying it another way)

-Go to Settings>Devices>Connected devices and click on Device manager

-Check for the connection (my PC did recognize the keyboard as an unknown USB device)

-Press right click on Sound, video and game controllers and select "Scan for hardware changes"

-When I did it the PC finally recognized the keyboard showing a CASIO driver

after that the keyboard wouldn't still send MIDI signals but I knew it was recognized so I insisted to find a way with the DAW Fruity Loops and this is how I make it work every time!

-turn off the keyboard

-open the DAW and turn on the keyboard

-refresh the MIDI device list

-when it's connected to the USB 3.0 port it works only briefly (couple seconds)

-when it's connected to the USB 2.0 port it works perfectly (just a really tiny lag but it may be because of the keyboard anyway nothing too bad)

-sometimes it stops working even when plugged in the USB 2.0 port my suggestion is to reset the DAW and then the PC and see if it fixes it

This is not ideal for live perfomances... but good enough for studio sessions.

I hope this was of help, God bless!

Andrea G. B., Sep 24, 2022
  4. LeoFibo99 Win User

I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

Hi,

My MIDI keyboard just randomly keeps disconnecting and connecting in rapid succession. The keyboard is not the problem because it used to work fine. I have been encountering this problem after a few windows updates. I have tried everything, i mean literally everything i could:

> uninstall and install sound and usb drivers

> update the said drivers (windows says the latest drivers are already installed)

> update windows itself

> try a new midi cable (USB B)

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS!!!

This is extremely frustrating and I am one step closer to just give up and go back to linux.

Windows version: 21H2

keyboard: Casio ctk-3500

LeoFibo99, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

1. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer... - Similar Threads - Casio WK3000 keyboard

2. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...: I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install the keyboard, and is there a good free studio program?...
  3. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...: I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install the keyboard, and is there a good free studio program?...
  4. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  5. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  6. My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.: Hi, my computer is not recognizing my midi keyboard ' i have a minilabmkii ' arturia and my computer iss an hp intelcore i7 11th gen ' 32 GB ram ' when i plug in my midi controller the computer recognizes it but it won´t send a signal to any of the applications. i have...
  7. MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time: I have an Alesis VI49 MIDI keyboard connected via USB. It has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows and prompts a Code 43 error in the device manager. Very rarely, I can get it to work, by simply uninstalling it via Device Manage then scanning for hardware changes. I...
  8. midi USB cable

midi USB cable: I've a new cable but it did not function correctly 2 M Keyboard naar PC USB MIDI Cable Converter PC Muziek toetsenbord Cord USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface can you please help me out it did not work with windows 10 it show Device USB\VID_15CA&PID_0101\5&aea7634&0&2 was not...
  9. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  10. MIDI Keyboard - Connecting Casio Keyboard to Lenovo Z51 Laptop

MIDI Keyboard - Connecting Casio Keyboard to Lenovo Z51 Laptop: Hey guys! *Biggrin I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable. I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff. *Huh I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been...