Windows 10: I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help

Discus and support I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a corrupt file on my USB drive and I can dot delete it. Can someone help me. I have tried changing the name. Doing it through DOS but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeborahLewis3, Nov 25, 2019.

1. I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help

I have a corrupt file on my USB drive and I can dot delete it. Can someone help me. I have tried changing the name. Doing it through DOS but nothing has worked.

Thanks

Deb

:)

DeborahLewis3, Nov 25, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

USB Drive Continually Corrupting Files

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help with something? I'm using a 32gb mushkin nano usb drive in my laptop as additional storage for my paltry SSD, but I've noticed that it's been corrupting my files.

I've tested the drive with a utility called chkflsh and it reports the usb is fine and I have scanned for viruses and come up with nothing.

This is extremely annoying as I'm using BTSync to backup my drive with my other home/work computers and so this is causing the files across all computers to become corrupt.

I've also run memtest to check my ram, as I thought that might be causing the issues and it's come up with nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what happening?

Thanks for any help.

silkstone, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 25, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help

USB Drive Continually Corrupting Files

Hi guys. Thanks for the response and sorry for the late reply, I just finished work.

I've just re-examined it an noticed it's only happening with video files, but it is any video file from 1mb all the way up to 1gb, my other files haven't been affected like i first thought.

I'm sure it's an original drive and I've scanned it with Kaspersky. I'm going to try and see if it does it in another computer later, but it's really strange.

When I initially copy the file to the USB, it will be fine and play fine, but it will corrupt over time and become more and more corrupt as time goes on. I've had multiple USBs that have failed or stopped working in someway, but I've never encountered this issue before.

silkstone, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help

1. I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help - Similar Threads - corrupt file usb

2. Can anyone help me with my USB hard drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone help me with my USB hard drive corruption?: Hey y’all so i’m experiencing this new issue on my pc. it’s my external hard drive causing major issues ever since i installed an update for my driver. of course it sounds stupid but i couldn’t save game data on my c drive because i don’t know how to expand it. anyway the...
  3. Can anyone help me with my USB hard drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me with my USB hard drive corruption?: Hey y’all so i’m experiencing this new issue on my pc. it’s my external hard drive causing major issues ever since i installed an update for my driver. of course it sounds stupid but i couldn’t save game data on my c drive because i don’t know how to expand it. anyway the...
  4. Can anyone help me with my USB hard drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it.: Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it. And I think it has some viruses. The computer cant see it. I buyed this drive 3-4 months ago.PC is not seeing the drive. So i cant format it in the classic way....
  6. Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it.: Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it. And I think it has some viruses. The computer cant see it. I buyed this drive 3-4 months ago.PC is not seeing the drive. So i cant format it in the classic way....
  7. Hi I have a corrupted USB Flash Drive and no computer can open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?: Hello, I think this is my second post on this community and I wanted to ask if I could delete all the files that are on the D:\ drive since I want to use it to put my games on that drive and some of the files take a lot of storage. Here Im leaving a screenshot of the files...
  9. How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?: Hey so i was gonna play a game on steam but one of the files somehow got corrupted, i tried deleting it with cmd but it just said that it was corrupted, i read everywhere but nothing works. It's the only file that's corrupted, everything else is fine. Can someone please...
  10. How can I delete this corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete this corrupted file?: Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the...