Windows 10: I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

Discus and support I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I connect using this adapter, it opens up MSN and says my device is paused, and I have NO connection to the Internet at all using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LordEvyl709, Dec 6, 2021.

1. I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

Every time I connect using this adapter, it opens up MSN and says my device is paused, and I have NO connection to the Internet at all using this device. Please help. It still connects to my network, but it refuses to give me Internet access on this adapter. Device manager says the device is working properly and is using the recommended driver, so what's the problem?

:)

LordEvyl709, Dec 6, 2021
  2. redex Win User

New install of windows 10 can't install d-link dwa-130

I uninstalled the unknown device in device manager, and now the d-link dwa-130 device shows as installed without any errors. Now I'm unsure how to get the wireless networks to show with this d-link adapter. No wireless networks are shown in either safe mode or normal mode. The driver is installed though.

I went to control panel > network and internet > network connections. If I right click on the WiFi d-link dwa-130, and click connect/disconnect, it goes to the windows settings screen. It doesn't go to a screen where I can connect to a network.

I went to the windows settings screen, network and internet, then view your network properties. In it it says that the d-link adapter is not operational. I'm not sure what to do to make this adapter work.

redex, Dec 6, 2021
  3. kshiv4 Win User
    Unable to connect to internet using D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter

The following steps worked for me:

1. Download Windows drivers on this site: http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dwa-131-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter?revision=deu_revb

2. Uninstall the currently installed driver (if you update from Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1) in "Device manager"

3. In "Device manager" right click on Wifi D-Link device > select update > search driver on computer and select the Win 7 directory (x86 or x64), not the 8.1 or win 8 one because it won't work

kshiv4, Dec 6, 2021
  4. e-Musty Win User

I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

Connect to MWDA (Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter) using USB wireless adapter?

I have two MWDAs, experiencing the same problem: connections from my W10 notebook to MWDA disconnects frequently, in 5-10 minutes on bad days. Since it is very unlikely that both MWDA adapters are defective, and the connections from my Android tablet seem
    to be more stable, I'm more and more confident my notebook's built-in wireless adapter causes the problem.

To test this, I managed to get an USB-stick D-Link DWA-140 RangeBooster N wireless adapter, purchased a couple of years ago, but supporting 802.11n. It seems the D-Link adapter works well with Windows 10, it can connect to WiFi networks. Yet I am unable
    to connect to MWDA using this adapter, even if I disable my built-in adapter and set the D-Link to use 2.4 GHz band.

During connection attempts, I can see in my network adapter list that Windows creates the temporary hotspot adapter named DIRECT-whateva, and I can see my MWDA displaying connection is in progress, but then connection is never established. I wonder if some
    limitation in the Windows 10 driver may want to use my disabled built-in adapter (though in that case, I'm sure, I should not see my MWDA recognizing connection attempts).

Can you help me how to try to connect to MWDA using the USB-stick WiFi adapter, or can anyone confirm the above mentioned D-Link adapter is for some reason not compatible with W10?

Or can you tell me where can I find detailed logs on what happens during the connection attempts?

I would like to ask MVPs and MS staff responding to this issue to ignore the lengthy "to troubleshoot your" boilerplate text, I have tried all the default suggestions such as network troubleshooter and the such, with no luck.

e-Musty, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

1. I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi... - Similar Threads - link wireless 130

2. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  3. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  4. I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...: Every time I connect using this adapter, it opens up MSN and says my device is paused, and I have NO connection to the Internet at all using this device. Please help. It still connects to my network, but it refuses to give me Internet access on this adapter. Device manager...
  5. I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a d-link wireless 130 N USB adapter as a backup just in case my built in wifi...: Every time I connect using this adapter, it opens up MSN and says my device is paused, and I have NO connection to the Internet at all using this device. Please help. It still connects to my network, but it refuses to give me Internet access on this adapter. Device manager...
  6. Wireless adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  7. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  8. my wifi usb adapter Belkin N300 Wireless USB Adapter Sku F9L1002 wont install

my wifi usb adapter Belkin N300 Wireless USB Adapter Sku F9L1002 wont install: Belkin N300 Wireless USB Adapter Sku F9L1002 wont install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-usb-adapter-belkin-n300-wireless-usb/67c9903b-1f88-41e9-a792-703f670b602c
  9. d-link wireless usb adapter is not working

d-link wireless usb adapter is not working: My d-link wireless usb adapter is not working with windows 10. But when i revert back it windows 8.1 it works. Model number is dwa-131 Any idea what's the problem? 13792
  10. Meritline Airlink101 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter software needed

Meritline Airlink101 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter software needed: I installed Windows 10 on a computer today and I am trying to get connected to the internet. I have the USB hardware dongle but unfortunately the disk with the software is at a location 300 miles away. I can't find the download on any website. I have the files on...