Windows 10: I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC.

Discus and support I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC along with all apps and files. If I try to repair from a repair disk, I run into a protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichCitarella, Nov 5, 2020.

1. I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC.

I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC along with all apps and files. If I try to repair from a repair disk, I run into a protection problem, and cannot run SFC or Scannow. Can you help me? I have booted from WinUSB and can only overwrite apps and files to reacquire access. My System Images are on a damaged USB drive. It all hit me at once.

:)

RichCitarella, Nov 5, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Smittychat., Nov 5, 2020
  4. I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC.

Using Macrium to restore mbr image of Win 10 to NVMe GPT

Hello

• I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 build 18362.959 on a
    • Dell Optiplex 7040 MT w/16GB RAM and 512GB 2.5" SSD
    • Win 10 is still MBR partitioned
    • I'm adding a 500GB NVMe I purchased from Crucial
    • I'm using Macrium Home Edition v7.2.5107 (s/b latest version)

I want to restore my backup image from a USB external drive to the NVMe and convert MBR to GPT partitioning as well. I understand I should disable the SATA 2.5" SSD in BIOS before the restore.

What I'm not sure of: will Macrium restore to new Hardware (the NVMe) and by default also convert from MBR to GPT or are there additional steps to get the partitioning done as part of the restore? Any other tips/info you think might be helpful in the process are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for the help! I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC. :)

ComputerGeek, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC.

1. I have a damaged MBR and would like to restore my PC. - Similar Threads - damaged MBR restore

2. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  3. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  4. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i would like to restore my screen to full size

in Windows 10 Customization
    i would like to restore my screen to full size: 2 days ago my screen display changed the style. today my screen has been reduced by about half. I would like to restore it to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-restore-my-screen-to-full-size/dae1530a-bf0d-4a08-b99a-3483a1b193d9
  6. Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10: I had opted in on the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2016, upgraded and everything has been fine until my HD developed some bad sectors in my dell and I had to do a factory OS restore to get it up and running again. I do have a Windows.old folder in there in case there is some...
  7. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  8. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  9. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...
  10. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to have my laptop wake on USB: The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it. I have gone...