Windows 10: I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat

Discus and support I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran it through bit defender and it said it is a trojan named Trojan.Zmutzy.Pantera14.8 should I delete this or is it a false positive?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RileyNichols1, Jan 26, 2021.

1. I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat

I ran it through bit defender and it said it is a trojan named Trojan.Zmutzy.Pantera14.8 should I delete this or is it a false positive?

:)

RileyNichols1, Jan 26, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Associate .dat files to NotePad

Hi Rick

Right click a dat file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open dat . . .'

If Notepad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Notepad is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the Notepad application in C:\Windows\System32

DaveM121, Jan 26, 2021
  3. need some help opening a .dat file.....

Aight, I'll bite. What the hell is "her pampered chef"?

.dat = data file, which can be literally anything.

streetfighter 2, Jan 26, 2021
  4. I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat

.DAT files

What application do you use to open your .dat files?

Frederik Long, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat

1. I have a .dat file in my C:\Windows\debug folder named iQkDpjGelxxcn.dat - Similar Threads - dat file Windowsdebug

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat file are appeared

.dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  6. DAT file in C:\intel\gp\profile_username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file in C:\intel\gp\profile_username: Avast said it detected a tracker on the pc, but I'm not sure if it cleared it or if thats a premium feature. I decided ran a scan anyway, and CCleaner, and then started looking through my files. I found a DAT file created minutes ago: C:\Intel\gp\profile_username DAT file,...
  7. DAT file in C:\intel\gp\profile_username

DAT file in C:\intel\gp\profile_username: Avast said it detected a tracker on the pc, but I'm not sure if it cleared it or if thats a premium feature. I decided ran a scan anyway, and CCleaner, and then started looking through my files. I found a DAT file created minutes ago: C:\Intel\gp\profile_username DAT file,...
  8. DAT file in C:\...\intel\gp\profile_frank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DAT file in C:\...\intel\gp\profile_frank: A couple days ago I found in my startup apps a program named in unicode characters. I had never heard of it so I removed it from startup. I then tried to find it to delete the program, but it had disappeared. I've been worried about threats ever since and so last night I...
  9. Delete a DAT file

Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  10. .Dat

.Dat: a pop up window on my lap top screen keeps popping up asking...'how do you want '.Dat' file to open??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat/c86468b5-08a2-45b3-aa6b-0f576f581b3c"