Windows 10: I have a dead 60GB HDD

Discus and support I have a dead 60GB HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dead 60GB HDD, and I want the data back from it. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riley Howery, Apr 7, 2022.

1. I have a dead 60GB HDD

Hi, I have a dead 60GB HDD, and I want the data back from it. Any help?

:)

Riley Howery, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 7, 2022
  3. scopio Win User
    Suspected dead HDD

My response to @jumanji. Thank you for your suggestions will update later.

I'm just posting the screenshots you asked for here.
    Posted on HP Community for explanation to the code error, waiting for answer.

I have a dead 60GB HDD [​IMG]

Disk Management

MiniTool Wizard Partition Tool

HD Sentinel

Surface Scan
    @steve108
    Booted Ventoy/Linux Mint > Computer but the HDD would not mount! *Mad

Linux Mint

scopio, Apr 7, 2022
  4. scopio Win User

I have a dead 60GB HDD

Suspected dead HDD

@jumanji
    I assume you mean this partition to be selected to test the Boot sector and Backup boot sector?

It is 01.00 in the morning here now so, I am going to bed and leave the pc running and have a look in the morning as this is taking a very long time to get to the next step!

scopio, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

I have a dead 60GB HDD

1. I have a dead 60GB HDD - Similar Threads - dead 60GB HDD

2. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  3. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  4. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a dead 60GB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a dead 60GB HDD: Hi, I have a dead 60GB HDD, and I want the data back from it. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dead-60gb-hdd/9a5e7313-9bea-490f-80fe-49c496f697b1
  6. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  7. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived: Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty. WD Purple 6TB I've built a new PC and had the odd start up...
  8. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived: Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty. WD Purple 6TB I've built a new PC and had the odd start up...
  9. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.: I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I...
  10. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...