Windows 10: I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

Discus and support I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have previously deleted a user completely from my PC. I then deleted the user folder for this user and the folder keeps coming back to its original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterC45Locust, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

I have previously deleted a user completely from my PC. I then deleted the user folder for this user and the folder keeps coming back to its original position. I have followed directions to change permissions to "everyone". Not sure this solution will work. It seems to comeback whenever I do a backup, Windows 7 Backup & Restore or WD Backup. I thought is was a backup error, but now see that it is a folder reappearing.

:)

PeterC45Locust, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Hi Mayzhin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may not be able to completely delete a file/ folder if it is being used. I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    resolve folder reappearing after deletion and check
    if it works.

You may also go through repair Windows file and folder
    problems
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 8, 2020
  4. CNSZU Win User

I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

Folders keep reappearing

The script "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" has a major bug. The linked folders keep reappearing under This PC. This is what happens:

1. Quick Access and This PC both contain the Documents folder
    2. The "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" script is applied
    3. The linked folders disappear from This PC. Everything is fine.
    4. I click the Documents folder under Quick Access, then double click a documents sub folder on the right panel.
    5. The Documents folder reappears under This PC.

The idea of my setup is to have all common folders pinned under Quick Access, and none under This PC to avoid any duplicates. Is there any way to fix this?

CNSZU, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

1. I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing. - Similar Threads - deleted user folder

2. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion: Many years ago I had the free AVAST anti-virus software but I removed it and went back to Windows Defender. I use the latest version of Windows 10 as my PC is not upgradable to Windows 11. In the past have downloaded free software like CC Cleaner which came with Avast which I...
  3. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion: Many years ago I had the free AVAST anti-virus software but I removed it and went back to Windows Defender. I use the latest version of Windows 10 as my PC is not upgradable to Windows 11. In the past have downloaded free software like CC Cleaner which came with Avast which I...
  4. Deleted folder reappears automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder reappears automatically.: Hi, One particular folder which is on my external hard disk reappears itself after I delete it. I even emptied the recycle bin, but the folder appears again. This happens to only that particular folder. I have deleted other files and folders but none of them reappear.Thank...
  5. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  6. Deleted folder reappears on restart

Deleted folder reappears on restart: I have shift-deleted my Users folder on Drive D:. However, it reappears when I restart Windows 10. I am using the Users folder on my C: drive. I know it's gone. When I restart the folder isn't there but it does show up a minute or so later with the current date and time....
  7. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  8. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  9. Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program: I downloaded a zip-file earlier this week and extracted the contents into a folder (I'll just call this Folder A). I used the .exe program in it and I deleted the program after I was done using it. This morning I needed to use program so I re-downloaded the same program from...
  10. Suddenly reappear a deleted folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly reappear a deleted folder: Before one month, I just create a temporary folder to my desktop. I wanted to organise some files from a USB stick and after to moved it to my well-organized documents folder. When I finished this, I delete the desktop folder. After this moment, mainly after a reboot the...