Windows 10: I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update

Discus and support I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Now I do not know what update it is ,but it is a more recent one. Quality update also completely rendered the laptop useless. I have had to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SnowySmile211, Jan 18, 2020.

1. I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update

Now I do not know what update it is ,but it is a more recent one. Quality update also completely rendered the laptop useless. I have had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch for 4 months now. I install, turn off all updates, mean while in back ground the pc is forcing updates which you folks said would not happen anymore. So when it finally get to the update that is causing the issue pc is useless. Can't get into safe mode and cant do any recovery not even from a usb. Please make the recovery functions better then what they are and user friendly. I also noticed that even though I should be getting restore points I save at least 10gigs for these and they to do not work.

I have 2 PCs in my home 1 laptop 1 desktop. I do not share files updates or anything. So some how windows updates get on this laptop even though I have it all turned off.

I need assistance on what to do with this thing. I can not bring it in to a pc tech. I am the the tech for my home PCs. This being said after a re-install I can get the laptop to work about a month or so before it starts completely coming to a halt and not working. Once again I do not know what update is making the laptop un-operational.

https://imgur.com/a/4FsbXbi

Laptop M531R

:)

SnowySmile211, Jan 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2020
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 18, 2020
  4. I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update

Laptop freezes completely after Windows 10 update yesterday

Hi

I was working fine on my laptop when it started freezing suddenly - it's just a 3 weeks old laptop so this was weird. Turns out my Windows 10 got updated and is making my laptop freeze. And the types of freezing are different too. Sometimes it freezes at
    the boot screen, sometimes on login screen and sometimes after a couple of minutes of operation. The fan also starts whirring and is very noticeably noisy. I read a few articles on this forum which suggest going to safe mode, but windows is not even allowing
    me to reach that step and hangs before I can do anything. Whenever it was a bit okay I even tried checking task manager for CPU utilization and all is fine there too. It's been a day I'm struggling with this issue and I'm not able to reach any recovery options
    either as it freezes before I can get to it. I'm a computer grad student and have a lot of assignments to be done that depend on how well my laptop (read: OS) works, so please help me with this issue. Thanks!

ShamliSingh, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update

1. I have a dell laptop completely freezing after a certain windows update - Similar Threads - dell laptop completely

2. Laptop completely changed after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop completely changed after windows update: My laptop Legion 5 automatically updated this morning around 4AM Suddenly some F keys are not working on my keyboard nor are the numbers above the letters. I can only use the number lock numbers. Sometimes the calculator keeps popping up and whenever I try to log into...
  3. Laptop completely changed after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop completely changed after windows update: My laptop Legion 5 automatically updated this morning around 4AM Suddenly some F keys are not working on my keyboard nor are the numbers above the letters. I can only use the number lock numbers. Sometimes the calculator keeps popping up and whenever I try to log into...
  4. Laptop completely changed after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BIOS Update over Windows Updates causes Dell Laptop to freeze up on Dell logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS Update over Windows Updates causes Dell Laptop to freeze up on Dell logo: Hi Forum,it took my attention that three of the Dell Clients in the company experienced the same behaviour after a BIOS Update came through the Windows Update Tool. Before the BIOS was updated a couple of Intel updates were installed therefore I express my concern here. The...
  6. BIOS Update over Windows Updates causes Dell Laptop to freeze up on Dell logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS Update over Windows Updates causes Dell Laptop to freeze up on Dell logo: Hi Forum,it took my attention that three of the Dell Clients in the company experienced the same behaviour after a BIOS Update came through the Windows Update Tool. Before the BIOS was updated a couple of Intel updates were installed therefore I express my concern here. The...
  7. Laptop completely freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely freezes randomly: random freezing while im doing things, it started happening about a month ago. i noticed the HDD/SSD light stops blinking when it freezes, i thought it was a problem related to the SSD but i did a S.M.A.R.T test and everything seems fine, i also tested the ram and it came...
  8. dell laptop mousepad freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell laptop mousepad freezes: my mousepad on my dell 15 3000 freezes about every 3 secs or so then catches up really annoying this only started after update ran when installing the new version of win10. i tried reinstalling from the usb which worked how ever win10 insists on updating and the problem...
  9. Laptop freezes completely after Windows 10 update yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes completely after Windows 10 update yesterday: Hi I was working fine on my laptop when it started freezing suddenly - it's just a 3 weeks old laptop so this was weird. Turns out my Windows 10 got updated and is making my laptop freeze. And the types of freezing are different too. Sometimes it freezes at the boot screen,...
  10. Dell laptop freezes after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop freezes after upgrading to windows 10: After installing windows 10 with the media creation tool 1809 via USB stick on my Dell laptop inspiron 7737, it keeps freezing after a few seconds of starting up and logging in. I tried to. Start it in safe mode and download chipset driver but it won't install l, it gets an...