Windows 10: I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

Discus and support I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CSDX, May 21, 2022.

1. CSDX Win User

I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices." Also Skype and other apps keep reinstalling themselves when I do not want them to. Is my account just hacked? The profile name of my account changes from 1 initial to 2 initials to a diff profile name for this "community help" account...?

:)

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 21, 2022
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 21, 2022
  4. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 21, 2022
Thema:

I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

1. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device - Similar Threads - desktop Find Device

2. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a another device/ desktop: If there's anyone who can help me, please help me, i have a device that's connected to my linked devices when i try to access using the ms password. "The password is incorrect. Try again" i tried all the passwords i could do it just kept saying the same thing over and over...
  3. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a another device/ desktop: If there's anyone who can help me, please help me, i have a device that's connected to my linked devices when i try to access using the ms password. "The password is incorrect. Try again" i tried all the passwords i could do it just kept saying the same thing over and over...
  4. I have a another device/ desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why I never find my devices on this PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I never find my devices on this PC?: All of my devices it unlock and I don't have control on it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-never-find-my-devices-on-this-pc/4fa8691b-b04d-4c0d-918b-1d17c65072aa
  6. Why I never find my devices on this PC?

Why I never find my devices on this PC?: All of my devices it unlock and I don't have control on it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-never-find-my-devices-on-this-pc/4fa8691b-b04d-4c0d-918b-1d17c65072aa
  7. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  8. I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device

I have a desktop PC and when I use Find My Device: the Location changes each time to a different place each time about a mile away. Why can't it find my house location? Also even though I am already on admin account I get notification sometimes "An administrator tried to locate this device on account/microsoft.com/devices."...
  9. Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get results when i use the "find my device" service: I lost my pc and so I logged into my Microsoft account but still the option says "can't find your device at the moment try again later" I need assistance asap...
  10. i cant find my device in devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant find my device in devices: Hey, i newly bought a new device (thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider racing wheel) and plugged it in to my pc, my pc doesn't find it. the led on my racing wheel is turned on, but my computer won't find it. Please help, Martin...