Windows 10: I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop.

Discus and support I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to copy my desktop hard drive to my new laptop. There are so many things that I need to have on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlbertLaCourt, Dec 28, 2018.

1. I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop.

Is there a way to copy my desktop hard drive to my new laptop. There are so many things that I need to have on my laptop

:)

AlbertLaCourt, Dec 28, 2018
  2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Dec 28, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop.

1. I have a desktop which runs windows 10. I need to buy a new laptop. - Similar Threads - desktop runs need

2. Will I have to buy a new license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I have to buy a new license?: My husband's computer was borked due to the combination of a Windows Update and a bad disk drive. I am having to totally replace the drive that had Windows installed on it, and reinstall Windows 11. Am I going to have to buy a whole new license or is there a way to use his...
  3. Will I have to buy a new license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I have to buy a new license?: My husband's computer was borked due to the combination of a Windows Update and a bad disk drive. I am having to totally replace the drive that had Windows installed on it, and reinstall Windows 11. Am I going to have to buy a whole new license or is there a way to use his...
  4. Which laptop screen do I buy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which laptop screen do I buy: I broke my laptop screen and don't ebb know where to start to buy it. Here's the number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-laptop-screen-do-i-buy/3c8804a4-a819-4b11-bc31-da8836d8a18a
  5. i have buyed a new hp laptop and i am unable to activate window 10 which is pre installed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have buyed a new hp laptop and i am unable to activate window 10 which is pre installed...: why i am not able to to activate my window 10 which is pre installed in my laptop.And i am unable to get my product key. tottaly frustated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-buyed-a-new-hp-laptop-and-i-am-unable-to/c804cb91-cb1e-43d5-a5e8-70be9f29a2fc
  6. Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: Hi A friend built my PC in 2011 using a OEM system builder pack version of Windows 7. I then upgraded my PC hard drive and moved Windows from HDD to SSD drive. I then later upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I would now like to build a new PC and install Windows 10...
  7. I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?: I'm think about building a new PC. I already have a laptop that has Windows 10 on it. I upgraded from a lower Windows version when it was free I was wondering If I have to buy a whole new key or not? Much Appreciated, Ben!...
  8. Will I need to reinstall Windows 10 if I buy it?

Will I need to reinstall Windows 10 if I buy it?: Hi I bought a secondhand laptop last year. It worked fine until yesterday when it started telling me that the license has expired. The laptop has Windows 10 Pro installed on it, but looking at it's product sticker it was originally a Windows 7 laptop. After researching...
  9. Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: I just replaced my motherboard and in order for it to "take", for lack of a better word, I had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my computer so that it would register. The issue now is that, for some reason, my computer is telling me that I need to buy a new version of Windows. Do...
  10. Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version)

Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version): Decided to update my desktop computer with a new motherboard, chip , and memory . Went to the nearest computer store at the time , where they asked me what I was using on my present computer. I told them I had updated my previous version of windows XP with Windows 10 when it...