Windows 10: i have a different name on my log in screen

Discus and support i have a different name on my log in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; a Person named Leo D.... name shows up in my log in screen. I just bought this computer a few days ago. the time is off and everything. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mike_2020_Mike, Oct 31, 2020.

1. i have a different name on my log in screen

a Person named Leo D.... name shows up in my log in screen. I just bought this computer a few days ago. the time is off and everything. I have tried to contact Microsoft about this but the phone doesn't work and when I do the online thing they tell me they have detected unsafe activity on my account and I cant make changes. The email is not mine either its a hotmail and the back up is a yahoo. I had my previous computer for about 7 years and nothing like this occurred before

:)

Mike_2020_Mike, Oct 31, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 31, 2020
  3. MKB-USC Win User
    Win10 log-in shows different name at log-in that is not mine, nor recognized!

On my Win10 PC, I am the only user, so did not set-up a password to access it/log-in. Five days ago, it requested I enter a password!! Followed the procedure to do so, and it has worked since then.

This morning, the log-in screen showed a DIFFERENT NAME instead of mine for the account holder!! I have no clue who, what, where, how this happened. My daughter checked Facebook and LinkedIn, one showed the person in Australia, the other in South Africa!

I immediately disconnected PC from network, and used the previously set-up password, and it allowed me in. This access and posting is from a separate, older PC (still running Win XP!! (which I miss!!))

I checked the Account Info, and it listed:

DIFFERENT NAME (an 'actual' name, that showed up on Facebook & LinkedIn)

my xxx.gmail account name below it

Administrator

My concerns:

• HOW did this happen?
    • is the machine compromised? (security scans are current and supposedly clean)
    • what is recommended resolution?
    • what precautions should be taken?

Thanks!!

MKB-USC, Oct 31, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

i have a different name on my log in screen

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

i have a different name on my log in screen

1. i have a different name on my log in screen - Similar Threads - different name log

2. Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?: When I open my command prompt, it shows the path as C:\Users\dcona>. I have 'SUNNY' as the user name on my account. I need help on this as sometimes it causes me problem with administrative properties on certain things....
  3. Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?: When I open my command prompt, it shows the path as C:\Users\dcona>. I have 'SUNNY' as the user name on my account. I need help on this as sometimes it causes me problem with administrative properties on certain things....
  4. Why does my cmd show a different account name when I have some different user name logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?: I have two screens for my PC. I want one taskbar to have all my entertainment related shortcuts and the other to have all my work related shortcuts. I don't want to clutter the screen with shortcuts and would like the taskbar to hold them. Is there a way to make the taskbar...
  6. Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have different shortcuts saved to different screens taskbars?: I have two screens for my PC. I want one taskbar to have all my entertainment related shortcuts and the other to have all my work related shortcuts. I don't want to clutter the screen with shortcuts and would like the taskbar to hold them. Is there a way to make the taskbar...
  7. Log In Screen is different and slower

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log In Screen is different and slower: Ever since a windows update last week my log in became completely different. When I go to enter my password, instead of just simply entering it, it is now replace with a sign in option and when I press it my computer loads for a minute then it gives me a windowed sign in to...
  8. lock screen name is different then mine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen name is different then mine: when i log into my laptop its under my dads name and not mine, i never entered his name so i dont know why its his not minehow do i change it to mine...
  9. Win10 log-in shows different name at log-in that is not mine, nor recognized!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 log-in shows different name at log-in that is not mine, nor recognized!: On my Win10 PC, I am the only user, so did not set-up a password to access it/log-in. Five days ago, it requested I enter a password!! Followed the procedure to do so, and it has worked since then. This morning, the log-in screen showed a DIFFERENT NAME instead of mine...
  10. why do files have to have different names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do files have to have different names?: i always wondered this: why files cant have the same name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-files-have-to-have-different-names/59a5d583-5b8f-4b48-b7a4-79e1e5734865"