Windows 10: I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account

Discus and support I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new computer. After logging in with my MS account, I am told that no product key was found on my device. Error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EivindEggy, Sep 7, 2019.

1. I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account

Hi, I recently built a new computer.

After logging in with my MS account, I am told that no product key was found on my device.

Error code: 0xC004F213

I am certain that I had a digital license linked to my MS account previously, on multiple of my computers. I have also removed these devices from "my devices" on the webpage, but Windows still won't activate. What do I do?

:)

EivindEggy, Sep 7, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Sep 7, 2019
  4. guniu Win User

I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account

1. I have a digital license, but Windows won't activate after connecting MS account - Similar Threads - digital license won't

2. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  3. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account: Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation...
  4. Digital license won't transfer.

Digital license won't transfer.: Built a new pc and trying to activate my windows on it. Read that uninstalling the product key on my old pc will free up my license to be used to activate windows on my new pc, however it did not work and I am unable to activate. It says that I don't have a license. Same...
  5. Digital License Won't Work?

Digital License Won't Work?: So I recently go a new desktop and installed windows 10 home onto it. My laptop had windows 8 and I updated to the free windows 10 that Microsoft gave meaning I had the windows 10 home digital license. The problem is that my PC wont activate windows, even thought im signed...
  6. Windows Digital License Activation

Windows Digital License Activation: Hey everyone, I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM. I made sure to link my Windows 10 license with my Microsoft account before this. After updating everything and troubleshooting, I clicked on I have recently changed my hardware. I found the Desktop name I...
  7. Activation not working with MS digital license after Mobo swap

Activation not working with MS digital license after Mobo swap: Hello, I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate (bought on eBay from retailer back then) and used my MS account the last year from begin with so the license was linked to it. After my mainboard died last week I had to make a move. It was around 8 years old and it's not avaible...
  8. Windows Digital License Activation

Windows Digital License Activation: Morning | Afternoon | Evening, whereever you may be and thanks for taking the time to read about my happenings. I Begin with stating that I've recently built a new PC and I've not had a Windows 10 Boot Drive on hand. So I've had to install windows 7 Home, and upgrade to...
  9. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...
  10. Windows is activated by a digital license

Windows is activated by a digital license: Hello, I have a Dreamspark's Windows 10 multiple edition key which is retail. I installed it for the first time on a new laptop and its status was "Windowa is activated.". I had to return the new computer because it was faulty, and got a new one. I dont know what Lenovo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a digital license but windows wont activate