Windows 10: I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...

Discus and support I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I am building a new PC and my current PC is using a digital edition of Windows with an activation code tied to my Microsoft Account. Do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ScavengerDragon, Apr 25, 2020.

1. I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...

So I am building a new PC and my current PC is using a digital edition of Windows with an activation code tied to my Microsoft Account. Do I need to buy a new Windows 10 activation code or will the one I'm currently using still work with this new PC I am going to be building?

:)

ScavengerDragon, Apr 25, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...

key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Yes.

Yes. Signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, the password is always that of Microsoft account.

Yes. Digital license of a Windows 10 PC can only be attached to one MS account at any given time.

Yes.

Please notice that license transfer and management can be confusing if you do not use descriptive computer names.

By default Windows names a PC with DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is a random 7 character alphanumeric string. Naming your PC before assigning license to a Microsoft account helps you to identify your computers and digital licenses when transferring licenses.

Here's how to name a PC when installing Windows 10:

(Video from thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! Solved - Windows 10 Forums)

To give a descriptive name later, see this tutorial: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Thema:

I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...

1. I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new... - Similar Threads - digital key attached

2. Can I use my digital product key on another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use my digital product key on another Microsoft account: I will be installing windows 10 using iso because windows 11 is like very laggy in my device and also be using another Microsoft account so I have a doubt if I would get windows 10 activated if I used another account's credentials I Currently Have a 'Linked with your...
  3. Can I use my digital product key on another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my digital product key on another Microsoft account: I will be installing windows 10 using iso because windows 11 is like very laggy in my device and also be using another Microsoft account so I have a doubt if I would get windows 10 activated if I used another account's credentials I Currently Have a 'Linked with your...
  4. Can I use my digital product key on another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If I buy window 11 key from store, can I attach it to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy window 11 key from store, can I attach it to my Microsoft account?: I plan to buy Window 11 from Advice which is verified store here in Thailand. I ask them about the product and they mentioned that I will get the window 11 key directly to my email. So the question is Can I bind this key to my Microsoft account? Like for next time I install...
  6. If I buy window 11 key from store, can I attach it to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I buy window 11 key from store, can I attach it to my Microsoft account?: I plan to buy Window 11 from Advice which is verified store here in Thailand. I ask them about the product and they mentioned that I will get the window 11 key directly to my email. So the question is Can I bind this key to my Microsoft account? Like for next time I install...
  7. If I unlink my Microsoft account with my Digital Liscense, can I still use it?

If I unlink my Microsoft account with my Digital Liscense, can I still use it?: I've wanted to use a different OS for my PC but I want to retain the license/product key for use on another computer. Note that I don't want to transfer my license to a different machine, in short I want to save it for later.Is there any way I can do this?Best regards, BotRod...
  8. In case of buying new device with no OS, can I use my microsoft account linked to a digital...

In case of buying new device with no OS, can I use my microsoft account linked to a digital...: Hello I have a laptop with windows 10 pro activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. If I want to buy or build a new device, and after installing windows 10 pro on it, can I use my Microsoft account on this new device in order to activate the...
  9. How can I transfer my windows 10 key to a new microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I transfer my windows 10 key to a new microsoft account?: Basically the microsoft account that I have my windows 10 key linked to is going to be terminated next month sometime and I was wondering how I can transfer my windows 10 key to my new microsoft account? submitted by /u/jjaxop [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.: I have a HP laptop and Windows 10 Pro version 1809 activated with my Microsoft account's digital license. Recently I DIY a new PC and installed Windows 10 Pro in it, knowing that my Microsoft account's digital license will activate my Windows 10. After it finished I find...