Windows 10: I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation

Discus and support I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm just getting so frustrated. I've looked for help online and everywhere else... I found info saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnk119, Apr 5, 2020.

1. johnk119 Win User

I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm just getting so frustrated. I've looked for help online and everywhere else... I found info saying it was a mediatek serial something or other that used this driver usb2ser.sys but I can't find anything using it in device manager to remove it even after using the command prompt command show non present devices.... can someone please help me figure how to locate this driver and get rid of it... I'd be eternally grateful as I'm a very security minded person...

I'm using windows 10 build 19592.1001
    I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation [​IMG]

:)

johnk119, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10  

It looks like the .reg file in step 2 of Option Two in this tutorial worked to turn on Core isolation for you.

Correct, you could use step 3 to turn it off.

Brink, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    core isolation disabled itself in bios on new computer

Hello Khynnea,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It can be the BIOS update released by your manufacturer through windows updates which might have changed the status from Enabled to disabled. However here are the steps to enable it again.

• Open start menu and search for Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Go to Device Security.
    • You will be able to find Core Isolation, please click on Core Isolation details.
    • Then you can turn it on.

Restart is restart is required for the changes to be effective. Please write back, if you need any further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Apr 5, 2020
  4. I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation

How to disable Core Isolation

Hi,

I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Core Isolation" in my surface pro before i can do so.

Please provide steps on how to do so.

SugarySalt, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation

1. I have a driver usb2ser.sys that won't work with core isolation - Similar Threads - driver usb2ser sys

2. Core isolation not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation not working.: Hello Sir, Recently, I recovered my PC by restoring a backup. Following this, I encountered some issues regarding Windows virus and threat protection. Thankfully, one of your fellow Microsoft advisors assisted me in resolving the problem successfully. However, today I noticed...
  3. Core isolation not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core isolation not working.: Hello Sir, Recently, I recovered my PC by restoring a backup. Following this, I encountered some issues regarding Windows virus and threat protection. Thankfully, one of your fellow Microsoft advisors assisted me in resolving the problem successfully. However, today I noticed...
  4. Core isolation not working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. RTKVHD64.sys Driver Error - Memory integrity & Core isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTKVHD64.sys Driver Error - Memory integrity & Core isolation: Hi there. I've recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Like with many people who have done the same, I'm getting an error when attempting to fix the "Core isolation" errors in the Device Security / Windows Security Dashboard. Specifically, I'm having an...
  6. RTKVHD64.sys Driver Error - Memory integrity & Core isolation

RTKVHD64.sys Driver Error - Memory integrity & Core isolation: Hi there. I've recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Like with many people who have done the same, I'm getting an error when attempting to fix the "Core isolation" errors in the Device Security / Windows Security Dashboard. Specifically, I'm having an...
  7. core isolation driver error

core isolation driver error: How to fix ctxva51.sys driver error? It makes memory integrity off as incompatible driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-isolation-driver-error/67f71207-19bf-48c9-bcf2-02eb38e6b72e
  8. Core Isolation - Memory integrity xhunter1.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation - Memory integrity xhunter1.sys: Good day,May i ask what is the problem causing this?. I cant turn on Memory integrityTried deleting xhunter1.sys in regedit. it causes more problem. error prompts.Can anyone help me. Thanks1 . When i try to turn it on.2. I receive message like this.3. Then it turn off like...
  9. Core Isolation - Memory integrity xhunter1.sys

Core Isolation - Memory integrity xhunter1.sys: Good day,May i ask what is the problem causing this?. I cant turn on Memory integrityTried deleting xhunter1.sys in regedit. it causes more problem. error prompts.Can anyone help me. Thanks1 . When i try to turn it on.2. I receive message like this.3. Then it turn off like...
  10. igdkmd64.sys core isolation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    igdkmd64.sys core isolation: Hi everyone, So in order to perform the 2004 update i was asked by the updater to turn off core isolation. Now after the update everything is working, but i cannot turn it back on, which kinda sucks. Now as far as I understood this is a intel integrated graphics driver....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb2ser.sys

2. how to delete usb2ser.sys

3. usb2ser