Windows 10: I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

Discus and support I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello i how i can get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by curtvan, Aug 17, 2022.

1. curtvan Win User

I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

Hello i how i can get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and i want to download a few games. can i buy a external SSD harddrive and use a USB wire so the External SSD to download games then when i want to play the games withh the games play on my laptop from the external ssd drive?And i have a microSDHC card + duo=link reader. can i download a program from my laptop on to the Sd card then be able to use the usb side of the duo link to put the program into another PC?i hope i am asking the questions right

:)

curtvan, Aug 17, 2022
  2. curtvan Win User

I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

Hello can i get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and i want to download a few games. can i buy a external SSD harddrive and use a USB wire inbetween them to download games? and then when i want to play the games that are on the external ssd will i be able to play the games on my laptop?

And i have a microSDHC card + duo=link reader. can i download a program from my laptop on to the Sd card then be able to use the usb side of the duo link to put the program into another PC?

i hope i am asking the questions right so u will understand what i want to do with coth devices.

thanks for any and all the help

curtvan, Aug 18, 2022
  3. curtvan Win User

hello Jaspreet Singh,

thanks for your info. So I can buy 512Gb ssd external drive and install games from laptop to it?. Oh, How do I select where the new games will go to so the games will be downloaded to the new ssd drive? and what is the name of the usb wire that has 2 usb male terminals on each end of wire so i can use between new ssd and laptop?

Sorry i was not clear on my 2ed question above. The Duo-link has a usb male and has Micro usb to go into phones. I want to download my ford car infotainment update from my laptop i get from fords web site and put the update 3Gb files into the microsd card. then go outside and put the usb male into the cars usb port to update my cars info system. my micro sd card is 32 Gbs and fords info sytem is only 3 to5 Gbs.

I hope you know what i am trying to say i am not to technical LOL thanks for your help

curtvan, Aug 18, 2022
  4. curtvan Win User

hello Jaspreet Singh,

I went to a SSD site that sells the ssd external drives and this is what he typed back to me about being able to download and then play the game from the ssd external drive. He said, Concerning the games, again this depends on the game or game client in question, some may not allow to run from removable storage devices. The game or game client publisher should be able to answer that for you. So Now how do i ask steam or epic games or windows games if i can use a ssd drive to download and then play games from ssd external drive? Or how do i find on each game web site if they allow me to use a ssd external drive?

thanks for any ideas how to find out if i can use the SSD on each game site i go to.

curtvan, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader - Similar Threads - few questions ask

2. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  3. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  4. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  5. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  6. I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader: Hello i how i can get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and i want to download a few games. can i buy a external SSD harddrive and use a USB wire so the External SSD to download games...
  7. Safe to use chkdsk on MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to use chkdsk on MicroSD card?: Hi! While making a complete "from scratch" backup of my expensive 400 GB Micro SD card, I just received an error for two files: --------------------------- Synchredible: synchredible.exe - Corrupt File --------------------------- The file or directory [full file path here]...
  8. Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.: I have previously cast my screen from my Android phone to my PC. Why do they suddenly not see each other? I haven't changed the settings. I haven't screen cast to a different device. Everything is exactly the same as the last time (I even looked up the same YouTube video...
  9. Question about NVMe SSD Adapter Cards

Question about NVMe SSD Adapter Cards: My computer is a Dell XPS 8700, and the only onboard SSD port is for an mSATA sized SSD; I got a standard 2.5" sized SSD (samsung 860 evo) as my OS drive, and it has been good for my system when I got it and beyond. But I found a somewhat good deal for a 1 TB NVMe SSD...
  10. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Surface pro microSD card reader not working.: Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram. Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand my storage by adding a 128gig microSD card. The card arrived today however... Unfortunately the surface does not seem to be...