Windows 10: I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

Discus and support I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wonder if anybody can help me get out of this situation? I am using Photoshop Elements 9 on Windows 10. I must have done something wrong when editing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Crampy, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Crampy Win User

I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

I wonder if anybody can help me get out of this situation?
    I am using Photoshop Elements 9 on Windows 10. I must have done something wrong when editing a picture as I now have a blank editing screen, the Text button is activated and does not respond anymore. All my drop down commands are greyed out, no tool buttons respond and even the close command will not work.
    Re-booting has no effect, the programme simply goes back to where it was - frozen.
    There's probably a simple explanation but it defeats me, can you help?

:)

Crampy, Dec 7, 2019

2. photoshop elements 8 won't open

Hi Jay,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with Photoshop elements 8 on Windows 10.

I suggest you to download the Photoshop elements 9 (latest version) from the below link and check if it helps.
    Adobe apps - download and installation help

After downloading the setup file, Install the setup files through compatibility mode by following the below steps.

I suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode and Run the program with Windows 8.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 7, 2019
  3. NainiWard Win User
    Photoshop Elements version 9

I have been using Photoshop Elements 9 for several years. I recently upgraded to W10. Today PE9 won't open from its shortcut. Instead I get a welcome screen for PE9 containing an ad for PE15. The compatibility tool doesn't help. How can I get back to my
    original version of PE9?

NainiWard, Dec 7, 2019
  4. I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

photoshop elements 9

i have just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 & cannot elements 9 won't take new photos from camera card. It wants to take them all. Any suggestions

AlanOliver46, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

1. I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it. - Similar Threads - frozen screen Photoshop

2. Photoshop Elements 2022

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photoshop Elements 2022: I purchased Photoshop Elements software from the MS Store. However, it does not download onto my laptop. Is it true that the download is valid only for Microsoft brand devices? Or it would download on any other device, say HP?...
  3. Photoshop Elements 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photoshop Elements 2022: I purchased Photoshop Elements software from the MS Store. However, it does not download onto my laptop. Is it true that the download is valid only for Microsoft brand devices? Or it would download on any other device, say HP?...
  4. Photoshop Elements 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photoshop Elements 2021

Photoshop Elements 2021: HELP!! I need help with a purchase and am at the point of tears with MS's byzantine "help" structure. I'm at the end of my rope and hoping for a lifeline here.Two days ago I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 and downloaded it to my Windows 10 PC. I was able to open and...
  6. Photoshop Elements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photoshop Elements: Hi I have Canon Utilities 3 installed on my windows ten Laptop and also Canon DDP4,Plus I also have Photoshop elements 19 installed.I use Canon Utilities and DDP4 for doing my photos,When I connect my Camera It opened canons utilitys and allows me to download the photos from...
  7. Photoshop Elements 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photoshop Elements 12: I have photoshop elements 12 on a disc. Can I install that on a windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop-elements-12/8d624477-ac6e-4c91-9cf8-2a496a886494
  8. Photoshop Elements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop Elements: Hi, I bought my Photoshop Elements (Order 9177316668) from your shop. It seems that normally it is possible to download two copies of photoshop elements when buying the license (if buying it from adobe directly for example where prices are the same as in your shop). Now...
  9. Cannot run Photoshop Elements

Cannot run Photoshop Elements: I cannot run Photoshop Elements 2018 that I’ve bought at the Windows Store. I receive the message that there isn’t enough Ram and I have to select the integer between 50-to 8. I tried regedit but I found the software and Adobe but not Photoshop window...
  10. Photoshop elements 9 not compatible with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Photoshop elements 9 not compatible with windows 10?: I had an hp computer that ran windows 7. I went ahead and upgraded it to windows 10. This computer also ran Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 that I received free with an Epson scanner. I recently upgraded to a new computer. Still hp. Came with Windows 10 on it. I tried to...