Windows 10: I have a green line down on my laptop screen

Discus and support I have a green line down on my laptop screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Help30FU, May 28, 2023.

1. Help30FU Win User

I have a green line down on my laptop screen

When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card issue or display or drivers but it does not turn on so i cant do barely anything! Please help me guys my mom is gonna kill me :

:)

Help30FU, May 28, 2023

2. There is a green line in my screen ....

There is this green line unexpectedly appeared on my screen. I've tried multiple ways to get rid of it but, it didn't work for me. I am aware that I might have to get a screen replacement but I'm currently unable to do it... The green line appears even when starting the laptop in the logo screen. Please suggest any way to fix this issue! However I've tried to include a screenshot, but the green line doesn't appear there?

SayuriWimalasiri1, May 28, 2023
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    Blue and green horizontal lines on laptop screen.

Hi Hoang,

In most cases, colored horizontal lines on the screen are an indication of hardware failure, particularly with the video and graphics card or the screen itself. The chances of this being software related may be very rare, so we'd like to ask you a few things
    to better assess and isolate the situation and give you the most appropriate advice:

• Laptop model
    • How old is your laptop/ How long have you been using it?
    • Did you make any significant changes in your system before it happened? (e.g. installing software, changing settings, etc.)
    • Do the colored lines also appear on the screen when you first turn it on (BIOS or boot startup) or does it only appear when you're logged in?
    • Do you encounter any specific error messages when the screen freezes?

Here are some of the things you can do for basic troubleshooting and isolation:

• If you have a second monitor, try to connect it to your laptop and see if the lines still appear.
    • Perform a hard reset on your laptop (press and hold the power button to turn it off then remove it from the power supply). This will clear all the residual power that may have accumulated during use.
    • If you installed new software before the issue began, we suggest uninstalling them (if possible) to see if it makes any difference.

Don't hesitate to get back to us with relevant information if you need further assistance.

Dice Vil, May 28, 2023
  4. I have a green line down on my laptop screen

Green horizontal line on the screen

I was connecting my laptop to a
    Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?

Rutchell_04, May 28, 2023
Thema:

I have a green line down on my laptop screen

1. I have a green line down on my laptop screen - Similar Threads - green line down

2. I have a green line down on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a green line down on my laptop screen: When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card issue or display or drivers but it does not turn on so i cant do barely anything! Please help me guys my mom is gonna kill...
  3. I have a green line down on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a green line down on my laptop screen: When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card issue or display or drivers but it does not turn on so i cant do barely anything! Please help me guys my mom is gonna kill...
  4. I have a green lines down on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a green lines down on my laptop screen: When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card issue or display or drivers but it does not turn on so i cant do barely anything! Please help me guys my mom is gonna kill...
  5. I have a green lines down on my laptop screen

I have a green lines down on my laptop screen: When i turn on my laptop it gets a black screen and then down it appears a green line which extincts on half of the screen. I think its a graphics card issue or display or drivers but it does not turn on so i cant do barely anything! Please help me guys my mom is gonna kill...
  6. I have a green lines down on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Green lines on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green lines on laptop screen: Hey guys So 2 days ago my laptop asus vivobook 14 was working perfectly fine . so after a little bit , i put my laptop to sleep mode . after that i turn it on boom! full green lines i panicked shut down my pc . gave it a little rest and opened it back up still the same thing...
  8. Green lines on laptop screen

Green lines on laptop screen: Hey guys So 2 days ago my laptop asus vivobook 14 was working perfectly fine . so after a little bit , i put my laptop to sleep mode . after that i turn it on boom! full green lines i panicked shut down my pc . gave it a little rest and opened it back up still the same thing...
  9. Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen: Hi, hope you have a good day and you are fine. So, the problem is that my laptop screen shows weird lines horizonatally I even reinstalled the whole windows and cleared the whole drive but still it is not going away. Once, I was just listening to music and then suddenly the...
  10. Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen

Green/Pink Lines on my laptop screen: Hi, hope you have a good day and you are fine. So, the problem is that my laptop screen shows weird lines horizonatally I even reinstalled the whole windows and cleared the whole drive but still it is not going away. Once, I was just listening to music and then suddenly the...