Windows 10: I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

Discus and support I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I dont remember my password and when trying to reset it wont take my security questions answers which i know are correct however I now know my pin and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tamia Diggs, Mar 28, 2023.

1. I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

I dont remember my password and when trying to reset it wont take my security questions answers which i know are correct however I now know my pin and im stuck on the screen of you have to wait 2 hours to log back in. I have waited multiple two hours i have tried every 3 housr and still it won't let me enter my pin. I KNOW MY PIN NOW..but the two hours doesn't seem to end and it's been 24 hrs please help. I don't have a disk amd really dont wanna have to loose all data on my laptop with a reset. I just need this 2 hours to end so I can enter the password

:)

Tamia Diggs, Mar 28, 2023
  2. haibob Win User

Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.

I have an HP Elitebook that will not turn on. The power button and the caps lock key continually blinks in unison on and off, but it will not go to boot. Any suggestions?

haibob, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Why Hp laptop elitebook i7 lock?

Why Hp laptop Elitebook i7 lock when a battery is low warning and do nothing.

when a battery reach to 50%,it warns me and LOCK.

Please Help me!!

NikwiMerchior, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Eric F Win User

I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03882926)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (how do i disable a touchpad on an hp elitebook 850 laptop? - HP Support Community - 5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

1. I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin. - Similar Threads - Elitebook locked myself

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  4. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  6. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  7. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

8. I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.: I dont remember my password and when trying to reset it wont take my security questions answers which i know are correct however I now know my pin and im stuck on the screen of you have to wait 2 hours to log back in. I have waited multiple two hours i have tried every 3...
  9. I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.

I have a HP Elitebook and I locked myself out trying to use the pin.: I dont remember my password and when trying to reset it wont take my security questions answers which i know are correct however I now know my pin and im stuck on the screen of you have to wait 2 hours to log back in. I have waited multiple two hours i have tried every 3...
  10. I locked myself out of my own folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I locked myself out of my own folder: I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it. Settings i was playing with are located in (Right Click)>Properties>Security>Advanced. I clicked "Disable inheritance", and proceeded to change "Access"-es...