Windows 10: I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10

Discus and support I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP G7 laptop on Windows 7 my AV receiver I get DTS audio , Dolby Digital Plus Dolby truehd and Dolby Digital put on Windows 10 on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjl1956, Jul 26, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10

I have HP G7 laptop on Windows 7 my AV receiver I get DTS audio , Dolby Digital Plus Dolby truehd and Dolby Digital put on Windows 10 on the same Hardware I only get DTS audio and Dolby Digital this is running through an HDMI connection to my AV receiver I would like to know how I can correct this issue the audio device from the laptop is AMD HD audio

:)

kjl1956, Jul 26, 2021

2. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

This spec is from Rich's post #2 and indicates an NVMe capability.

HP 255 G7

And from the comments section below this YouTube, it is suggested that if it has an OEM SSD, it will have an M2 slot that accepts a sata or NVMe SSD.

W10 Tweaker, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    HP Pavilion G7 Laptop Problem

Okay so the install worked now to find Drivers for Windows 7 as HP does not support W7 for the G7 -2320dx

Jetster, Jul 26, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

I'm a little confused. According to the spec: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...c06194380#AbT5 I'd assume that the laptop can use either SATA or NVME M.2 drives.

The drive that you list is a SATA one.

The only M.2 drives that Crucial offers for the HP 255 G7 are SATA. Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp business notebooks | HP 255 G7 (AMD Ryzen) | Crucial.com

An NVME PCI-E X4 drive would be preferred for best performance. I'm a little worried that Crucial doesn't offer any NVME drives.

bobkn, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop

2. Blue screen errors on new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen errors on new laptop: Hi,I have a brand new laptop Omen 15, 6 core, 16 GB RAM, Win10 which from the outset keeps giving blue screen errors. Initially these were BAD_POOL_CALLER, but recently tend to be WDF_VIOLATION. Booting the OS maxes out the CPU, and even when fully booted, having a browser...
  3. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update: I am using asus laptop. I wanted to disable my laptop internal keyboard since It have a problem of automatic pressing. I tried uninstalling internal keyboarddevice manager/keyboard/uninstall device, updating internal keyboard with random software. But my keyboard was still...
  4. Accidentally disabled vBIOS on EVOO 11.6" Laptop and the screen cracked shortly after. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally disabled vBIOS on EVOO 11.6" Laptop and the screen cracked shortly after. How...: This was indeed a series of unfortunate events, but in my BIOS, I accidentally disabled vBIOS and by screen wouldn't turn on. Then the screen cracked. HDMI doesn't work and I have a file on there I need. I looked up the HDD and it is just a chip soldiered on the mb. How can I...
  5. My Laptop Doesn't Start Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop Doesn't Start Now: Yesterday my laptop was very slow and buggy, and so i decided to restart my laptop. When I did it, I saw that there was some Cumulaitive Update going on, so I let it be, About 5 hours later, it's still the same. I've restarted the laptop etc etc, but nothing works. Normally I...
  6. why can't I install update kb5005565 on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why can't I install update kb5005565 on my laptop?: why can't I install update kb5005565 on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-install-update-kb5005565-on-my-laptop/8b6e33f1-35ad-4d05-98a7-55d2de38be2e
  7. Windows 10 remains deactivated on Asus laptop 2021 with OEM WIndows 10 after...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 remains deactivated on Asus laptop 2021 with OEM WIndows 10 after...: Hi I purchased an Asus ROG Strix G17 2021 this August. I had to reinstall Windows 10 due to some minor errors in the ASUS ArmouryCrate software. I didn't erase 2 preinstalled partitions named MYASUS and RESTORE. All was working fine for a month or so. And today, suddenly,...
  8. New laptop learned wifi passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop learned wifi passwords: Hi, I got a new laptop. I set up Win10, put it on a home network, copied files and links from the old computer, got connected to OneDrive. The new laptop learned somehow other wifi passwords I was using on an old laptop. I am using OneDrive and also did Edge sync. How did...
  9. Laptop does not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop does not Shutdown: I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop even after I do a shutdown and the light on the Power off button goes off the laptop does not switch off and as soon as I open the laptop it boots up as if it is waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. How do I ensure the laptop actually Shuts...
  10. New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?: It lists it as a USB Composite Device. I try troubleshooting and apparently there is no driver, but Windows has the driver, so I'm flummoxed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-running-windows-10-isnt-finding-my/e264ae58-c527-44bb-b699-914d55cd968c