Windows 10: I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...

Discus and support I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in 2018. I would like to install it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnKaiser4, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...

Split from this thread.​

I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in 2018. I would like to install it, but I do not know how, and do I have to erase the windows 8 version before or after installing the upgrade?

I have a laptop with a cd reader will that work after the upgrade?

thank you

:)

JohnKaiser4, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7

HP today announced it will offer the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on consumer and business PCs beginning Oct. 22.

To meet customers’ computing needs while protecting their investments, the company is participating in the Windows Upgrade Option Program to help customers transition easily to Windows 7. The program will enable customers who purchase qualifying HP PCs to enjoy the benefits of a new Windows-based PC immediately and receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available in October.

Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today may be eligible for the upgrade program. HP customers can visit www.hp.com/go/windows7upgrade to check for upgrade eligibility, register and get answers about their PCs and current operating systems. Following general availability of Windows 7 on Oct. 22, qualifying customers will receive the Windows 7 upgrade and an upgrade utility disk with a step-by-step guide for installation at their convenience.

Throughout the development of Windows 7, HP has had an unprecedented level of collaboration with Microsoft to improve the user experience. HP has made a significant investment in hardware and software testing to ensure broad compatibility and a satisfying technology experience across its commercial and consumer PC portfolios.

“HP has helped guide Microsoft through the development of Windows 7, collaborating and offering unique insight and counsel on emerging technologies,” said Carlos Montalvo, vice president, Experience Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Because of this early collaboration, HP has engineered truly innovative PCs – from our thin and light notebooks and high-performance desktops to our acclaimed TouchSmart PCs – providing advanced performance, compelling user experiences and more functionality overall.”

For more than two years, HP’s collaboration with Microsoft has consisted of sharing industry best practices and technology for mobility, touch innovation and printing, and working to ensure a good customer experience when upgrading to Windows 7.

“We are thrilled with the level of collaboration between HP and Microsoft throughout the development of Windows 7,” said Nick Parker, general manager, Worldwide Sales for HP, Microsoft. “Through the Windows Upgrade Option program, we can help our joint customers get new PCs now and get ready to experience the innovation and simplification that Windows 7 delivers.”

To help simplify the Windows 7 upgrade process, the HP Upgrade Assistant will identify and preinstall most necessary drivers. The HP Support website will continue to be updated with drivers, allowing customers to easily update their PCs without the burden of researching and downloading drivers for graphic cards and attached peripheral hardware.

HP PCs with Windows Vista on the market today meet the hardware requirements to run the Windows 7 operating system. Customers can continue to purchase new PCs from HP with the confidence that they will run the Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available later this year.

Customers can join the conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7 on the HP Consumer Support Forum or HP Business Support Forum for businesses. More information about HP’s Windows Upgrade Option Program is available at www.hp.com/go/windows7.

Source: HP

btarunr, Jun 12, 2020
  4. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...

1. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in... - Similar Threads - laptop preinstalled purchased

2. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  3. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  4. I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have...: I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have reinstalled Windows 10. But the system is not picking up the Windows 8 key and is saying invalid....
  5. I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have...: I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have reinstalled Windows 10. But the system is not picking up the Windows 8 key and is saying invalid....
  6. I have Windows 8 purchased which got upgraded to Windows 10. Now for some reason I have...

7. I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How...: I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How can I downgrade to windows 10? I'm desperate : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-purchased-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11/c8a47945-3e24-48df-be6b-a02fd30274df
  8. I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How...

I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How...: I have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. It is not suitable for me. How can I downgrade to windows 10? I'm desperate : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-purchased-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11/c8a47945-3e24-48df-be6b-a02fd30274df
  9. Upgrade New Laptop with preinstalled Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade New Laptop with preinstalled Windows 10: I wish to purchase a Dell laptop in India. The pre-installed OS offered is Windows 10 Home Single Language. I require Windows 10 Home that is able to load other languages also. How can the OS be upgraded?...
  10. New laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro licence I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro licence I...: I purchased new computer MSI GF75 9SC,W10H with preinstalled Windows10 Home. My very very old computer is out of order and I want to use my digitally purchased 7years ago from Microsoft directly Windows 10Pro product key in new computer. Is it possible and how to to it? I...