Windows 10: I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

Discus and support I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 and I can't sign into my laptop its not allowing to place my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SageKinkajou627, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 and I can't sign into my laptop its not allowing to place my password

:)

SageKinkajou627, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 8, 2018
  4. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

1. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to... - Similar Threads - laptop allowing password

2. I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GalaxyofAWSOME7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqeexi/i_am_having_problems_with_my_permissions_on/
  3. I have hp laptop and i have to download hp latest touch screen driver for my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have hp laptop and i have to download hp latest touch screen driver for my hp laptop: I have to download HP driver because I have touch screen but few year later.. my touch screen not working and in devise manager have no hid complaint touch screen driver so I have to download HP driver...
  4. Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password: Is there any resolution to a problem where Windows 10 will not login after entering the password? There is no indication that there is anything wrong with the password and it worked fine until it didn't. Have gone through all the options in system recovery safe mode etc....
  5. can my laptop even allow me to use a stylus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can my laptop even allow me to use a stylus: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 5378, a very specific type that I found on the dell website to have only 3 pens that work for it or so they say. My laptop is a touch support only and is there any kind of stylus that works with the laptop or which ones do work....
  6. I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...: I use same email on my laptop as I use on my desktop. I forgot what I used as password for laptop so read a post that said change the password on Microsoft email which I did and then check use on all devices (something similar not exact) so I did but when I tried to log in...
  7. My laptop not allowing me to use PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop not allowing me to use PIN: After entering my PIN to login, my computer (Surface Book) displays the message: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again". (I entered my PIN correctly on first try, although this message is displayed regardless...
  8. My windows 10 One Drive will not allow me to sign in.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows 10 One Drive will not allow me to sign in.: My windows 10 One Drive will not allow me to sign in on my Toshiba laptop. I get a sign-in box that asks for my email, and when I provide it, it says there is a problem. I have tried resetting and reinstalling One Drive. Nothing works. It means I cannot use the Office...
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in: It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway. How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it...
  10. I have my password set to let me sign in automatically

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have my password set to let me sign in automatically: I have my password set to let me sign in automatically using the control userpasswords2 but when the screen turns off ,it asks for my password upon resume. 64295