Windows 10: I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

Discus and support I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 and I can't sign into my laptop its not allowing to place my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SageKinkajou627, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 and I can't sign into my laptop its not allowing to place my password

:)

SageKinkajou627, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 8, 2018
  4. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

1. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to... - Similar Threads - laptop allowing password

2. Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.: 8/17/2023, Did a restart on my Windows 11 HP Omen Desktop Windows 11 update, and now the sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor pin. In fact the power selections do not work either. I've restarted many times, did a cold start, even shut down & unplugged...
  3. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  4. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not allowing me to sign in: Out of nowhere whenever I try to log onto my computer it tells me “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Try a different sign in method” so I try to use the only other sign in option finger print scanner and the doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. On top of that...
  5. My computer is not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. my hp windows 10 laptop will not allow me to update Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp windows 10 laptop will not allow me to update Minecraft: as stated, I have a hp windows 10 laptop that just won't let me update Minecraft 1.18 specifically. my laptop has always been slow and taken forever to do anything, but especially anything to do with the app store. I have been trying to update it since yesterday night, and it...
  7. my hp windows 10 laptop will not allow me to update Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp windows 10 laptop will not allow me to update Minecraft: as stated, I have a hp windows 10 laptop that just won't let me update Minecraft 1.18 specifically. my laptop has always been slow and taken forever to do anything, but especially anything to do with the app store. I have been trying to update it since yesterday night, and it...
  8. I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GalaxyofAWSOME7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqeexi/i_am_having_problems_with_my_permissions_on/
  9. My laptop not allowing me to use PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop not allowing me to use PIN: After entering my PIN to login, my computer (Surface Book) displays the message: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again". (I entered my PIN correctly on first try, although this message is displayed regardless...
  10. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in: It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway. How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it...