Windows 10: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

Discus and support I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Caraman, Jan 30, 2023.

1. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error.

:)

Max Caraman, Jan 30, 2023

2. Bought a used Compaq laptop about 3 years ago with windows 8.1.

Bought a used Compaq laptop about 3 years ago with windows 8.1. as soon as it connected to wifi it started upgrading to windows 10 and I could not stop it. Now when I turn it on it goes through restart about 8 or 10 times before it is functional and I
    don't know which OS it's using.

JayHarris1960, Jan 30, 2023
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

That's laughable. I'd expect 20% off the day it was removed from the box and 10% depreciation each year. The lease company is trying to fleece you because they know the old laptops are gonna go to auction and fetch far, far less.

For a 3 year old laptop at £3000 new I'd expect to pay less than £1700.

RCoon, Jan 30, 2023
  4. user33331 Win User

I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

Hello
    I'm on my first long time job been in this company for a 2 long years. Now they are soon replacing leased laptops.
    The leasing firm said the company's laptop price after 3 years lease is only 10-15% out of list price.
    HP ZBooks sells as new for 2000-3000€(euro) list price.
    if 10%=200-300€
    if 15%=300-450€

We have (2014 year) ZBooks 15" CPU=i7(4th) 4800MQ, GPU=K2100M.
    Worth to buy for such price ? 200-450€ ?
    What is the reasonable price for such today ?

user33331, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

1. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it - Similar Threads - laptop bought almost

2. I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.: I bought the game using paypal 3 years ago and managed to find the receipt. I don't have access to the game and it says I have to buy it all over again, which is annoying. I logged into the exact same account that I used to play on when I had the access....
  3. I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought minecraft 3 years ago, but now I don't have access to the game.: I bought the game using paypal 3 years ago and managed to find the receipt. I don't have access to the game and it says I have to buy it all over again, which is annoying. I logged into the exact same account that I used to play on when I had the access....
  4. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  5. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  6. Having issue with my almost 7 years loptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having issue with my almost 7 years loptop.: Having issues with my almost 8 y.r loptop. I was about to do my school works. It suddenly sign out I was confused so I thought it was nothing but the background change all my files are gone . It's like it restored itself. I saw where my files is so I put it on my desktop...
  7. deactivated after almost 7 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    deactivated after almost 7 years: so this issue started like 4 days ago when it suddenly I got the watermark Activate windows and a punch on different errors. The first error was about permission denied and contact administrator, but this one is gone now. I tried a lot of solution like: 1- troubleshoot in...
  8. I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...: I am running Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac. I own this game and have all the packaging and original key inside the box. When I tried to install it, the key does not work....
  9. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...
  10. Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?: Well I finally installed it and from what I can gather it appears I have it set up to run in 'Incremental Forever' mode. It's incrementally belching my C and D drives out 8am every day onto my Seagate 4TB external drive, so that's nice. It takes only a few minutes. I turn...