Windows 10: I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

Discus and support I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lloyd Goodin, May 20, 2023.

1. I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer?

:)

Lloyd Goodin, May 20, 2023

2. AMD 7800 4 monitor problem since Windows 10 - SOLVED

In my case, I have found a solution to my myriad problems I was having with the AMD 7800 & 4 monitor setup. These have occurred almost continuously since first running 10 preview. It had come down to only being able to display 2 monitors on the 6
    DP AMD 7800 card. I had to run the other two from the built in Intel 4600 with one on DP and the other HDMI. Running an Intel i7-4770K on ASUS Sabertooth Z87.

What worked:

• Remove the AMD 7800 card from my system. Running on the built in Intel 4600 with 2 monitors only.
    • Uninstall ALL AMD/ATI stuff:
      • Using AMD uninstall utility (the normal method would not run)
      • Delete all AMD/ATI folders I could find, under "users" and in programs etc.
        and on the C: drive.
      • Run the REVO uninstallation tool and use advanced tools.
        • Remove all instances of AMD/ATI from the directory.
        • Run PCTools Registry Cleaner
        • Run REVO again and remove more from the directory.
    • Called Visiontek the maker of the 7800 card. During 1 hour on the phone the very patient and knowledgeable tech walked me through a long list of troubleshooting steps. Which included:
      • Installing the 7800 card from AMD and booting up in VGA mode
      • Set the bios to use the external (7800) card.
      • Installed the AMD beta drivers
      • Swapping around cables, monitors and ports. Had variously 1 or 2 monitors of the 4 recognized then had 3 working and one recognized as a generic monitor but not active.
      • Shut down power to the system and unplugged the one monitor with was not active.
      • Pressed the power button on the inactive monitor 5 times and the start button on the computer 5 times to discharge capacitors that may have been holding up internal memory of invalid configuration.
      • Disabled the internal Intel 4600 GPU.
      • Uninstalled the inactive monitor and cold booted. Now only two monitors of the 4 active.
      • All 4 monitors now recognized correctly but 2 still not active.
      • Selected the inactive monitors and extended desktop to them one at a time.
    • ALL four working on the external 7800 card and the built in Intel disabled.
    WAS THIS MS, AMD, ASUS, or Visiontek's problem?

jgrobertson, May 20, 2023
  3. AMD Radeon R7 graphics inbuilt on AMD A10-7850K Series APU

Not sure if this is a Windows problem or an AMD problem or a problem with my system. I'm asking the same question over at the AMD Community

I have a newly installed AMD A88XM-A motherboard with an AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7 processor. The latest AMD catalyst drivers (15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187668C) were all installed over the last few days along with a new install of Windows 7 plus all available
    updates.

The Windows 10 update checker on my PC says that I cannot upgrade to Windows 10 because the AMD Radeon R7 graphics chip is not compatible. It says the display manufacturer has not made the display compatible. I cannot reserve my Windows 10 upgrade.

However, the list at Sign In to AMD Community - AMD Community lists the A10-7000 Series APUs as systems that are compatible with Windows 10.

So, to repeat my question: is this a problem with the Windows upgrade checker, with AMDs list of compatible hardware, or with something on my system?

GDallimore, May 20, 2023
  4. I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

Windows 10 Creators update and AMD Carrizo A10-8700 problems

Hi Andre,

FINALLY!... A straight Answer. I've been to the HP... Microsoft ... AMD ... sites and of course no straight answers. Just a lot of finger pointing. Have you received this information Straight from Microsoft that they are working on a fix???...
    I sure hope so, cause my Laptop is just now only a year old. And was a rather expensive custom built HP model. Is this the processor type you are referring to???...

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Home
    • version= 1607
    • OS Build= 14393.1066
    • Processor= AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 compute core 4C + 6G 1.80GHZ
    • Ram= 16.0GB
    • System Type= 64bit OS and 64 Processor
    • Touch support 10 point.
    • Current Most Resent Bio's F.41A
    • Hard Drive = 1 Terabyte (Only using 61GB of drive)

Thank-You for the help...

Leprechaun J, May 20, 2023
Thema:

I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

1. I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10.... - Similar Threads - Lenovo AMD A10

2. I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10!!: I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10. I believe everything checks out to upgrade, but the creation tool says no. What should I do?...
  3. I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10!!: I have an old Lenovo desktop that needs windows 10. I believe everything checks out to upgrade, but the creation tool says no. What should I do?...
  4. I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....: I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-lenovo-amd-a10-7800-desktop-which-is/dba94f9f-7fcd-425c-857b-93d1de690b74
  5. I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....

I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10....: I have a Lenovo AMD A10-7800, desktop which is about 5 years old. It came with windows 10. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-lenovo-amd-a10-7800-desktop-which-is/dba94f9f-7fcd-425c-857b-93d1de690b74
  6. I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an asus windows 10 laptop about 3 years old. About a month ago it started...: online or off, totally random and would not be able to reconnect for hours or days. Once disconnected, it would not show me any available networks. Yet my ancient laptop with Windows 7 which I am using right now, connects easily as does my phone and my visitors' laptops....
  7. I am using amd a10 9620p

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using amd a10 9620p: The PC health check app says that my system is not capable of running windows 11. But it meets all the requirements. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using-amd-a10-9620p/7b8dbaa7-f02d-44d5-893e-d340ebe4dbbf
  8. I am using amd a10 9620p

I am using amd a10 9620p: The PC health check app says that my system is not capable of running windows 11. But it meets all the requirements. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using-amd-a10-9620p/7b8dbaa7-f02d-44d5-893e-d340ebe4dbbf
  9. Alienware Alpha i3, about 4-5 years old, having a bundle of internet issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alienware Alpha i3, about 4-5 years old, having a bundle of internet issues.: For a while now, my Alienware Alpha i3 has been having trouble connecting to the internet ever since we moved to Texas. Typically, it would start out with me being unable to connect to the wifi connection, and I would have to trouble shoot it multiple times in order for it to...
  10. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD on Windows 10 with AMD A10-7800

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD on Windows 10 with AMD A10-7800: Every so often (especially when I have a game and a web-browser open simultaneously) my computer will BSOD, into THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. As far as I recall this only started happening after updating my AMD driver to the Crimson edition thing, but after reverting it and...