Windows 10: I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This issue hasn't been majorly impactful to my day to day. As such, I've been looking at that little "Activate Windows" water mark in the lower right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmericanHero, Apr 1, 2020.

1. I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home

This issue hasn't been majorly impactful to my day to day. As such, I've been looking at that little "Activate Windows" water mark in the lower right hand corner for about a year. Anyway, I didn't have much luck addressing it last year, so let me try again.

About a year ago I replaced my computer. Everything. MoBo, storage, the works. Before any of this I created a boot drive from my previous system which was on Windows 10 Pro.

After setting up the new rig and running the boot drive, I saw that I wasn't activated. After a lot of failed attempts to work with support, I finally realized that my Microsoft login was tied to a Windows 10 Pro registration, but the boot drive installed Windows 10 Home.

I would like to be back on Windows 10 Pro, and thus be activated, however there does not appear to be an upgrade in place option for me without buying a license.

How do I upgrade?

:)

AmericanHero, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 1, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home

1. I have a license for Windows 10 Pro, but reinstall stuck me on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - license Pro reinstall

2. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  3. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  4. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  6. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  7. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an...

I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an...: I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an error 0x8007007B and I cant contact my organization supports since i bought this from an online page selling a desktop pc and now I have on my screen at right side bottom corner that...
  9. Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license

Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license: I have run troubled shoot and it comes up with this message and error code OxCOO4FO74 and this is what it says,, found windows 10 home digital license for this device running windows 10 pro. To activate using this digital license you need to install windows 10 home. The funny...
  10. I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, but Windows 10 Pro is installed

I have a digital license for Windows 10 Home, but Windows 10 Pro is installed: So last year I built a pc and my friend gave me a USB with windows 10 pro already installed on it but without the activation key so I had an unofficial version of Windows. Today I decided to buy windows 10 home and i got my 25 digit key and i tried to activate it but it keeps...