Windows 10: I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never...

Discus and support I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a PC enthusiast; I change motherboards, GPUS, CPUs, entire computers, etc often.... so I made sure to buy retail versions of Windows 10 (for awhile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimAllen91, Nov 18, 2019.

1. I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never...

I'm a PC enthusiast; I change motherboards, GPUS, CPUs, entire computers, etc often.... so I made sure to buy retail versions of Windows 10 (for awhile I bought a new license for every new machine but it eventually became too expensive) so for the past two years anytime I had a major hardware change; windows 10 activated itself once I logged in.... now here I sit and it will not activate; even when I say I changed hardware (which I never had to do before; simply logging in did the trick) and pick any of my old computers... it says still can't activate... I've been at this for days and Im pulling my hair out. I'd just buy a new license but I've bought at least 3 in the past few years its too much.

Please help ASAP; do NOT want my brand new machine @ risk.

:)

TimAllen91, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Is Digital activation tied to a microsoft account as well as hardware?

It's optional. If you only ever signed in with a local account then it will just say 'activated with a digital licence' and it will just be tied to your hardware, but you can link the digital licence to your Microsoft account. In fact, this is recommended practice if you intend to upgrade the motherboard and run the activation troubleshooter afterwards if it doesn't activate. See these tutorials...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

3. Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 18, 2019
  4. I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never...

How to check which licence is tied to your Microsoft Account?

Hi,

licenses are not tied to Microsoft accounts, Account ha information about digital licenses but not licensed themselves.

To successfully activate reinstalled Windows on same hardware you need just install the correct edition.

Igor Leyko, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never...

1. I have a license tied to my microsoft account; I make hardware changes frequently and never... - Similar Threads - license tied microsoft

2. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?: Hi. I typically use a Mac, but have a PC for research. When I set up the PC and linked it to my Microsoft account, it was before my divorce. Every time I log in now, I see my old name and the photo I used to set up my computer. My Microsoft account is up to date, but it...
  3. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?: Hi. I typically use a Mac, but have a PC for research. When I set up the PC and linked it to my Microsoft account, it was before my divorce. Every time I log in now, I see my old name and the photo I used to set up my computer. My Microsoft account is up to date, but it...
  4. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. License status on device tied to bios if i update; other device on account lists my license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License status on device tied to bios if i update; other device on account lists my license...: The outdated bios/uefi on one of my desktop pc's is tied to the windows license in the system, effectively removing the windows license that it came with. I have a total of 3 devices on my Microsoft account, with my other desktop listing my windows 10 license as linked to my...
  6. Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password: This keeps appearing when I open my pc yet I never changed the password and I don t think anyone logged in besides me. Could I be hacked or is this just a glitch? submitted by /u/bstoica9904 [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...

Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...: My Old system Died Motherboard not booting up last week and after Purchasing new Hardware Processor and Motherboard I could not activate my Windows 10 Pro license i keep having an error 0xC004C003. Can somebody help me? I'm using local Account on my computer since it's...
  8. Microsoft Account Windows 10 Pro license to have higher priority than license tied to hardware

Microsoft Account Windows 10 Pro license to have higher priority than license tied to hardware: I just installed Windows 10 Pro on a computer that previously had been running Windows 10 Home and I have a Windows 10 Pro license connected to my Microsoft Account. I was told by support that I could install Windows 10 Pro on any computer and run it (activated) as long as...
  9. I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire: I am getting a popup message in the lower righthand corner saying to press control alt delete to change my password now within the next three days. I am the administrator on a one-user non-domain non-network except internet connected machine. I have my account set up as...
  10. Is Digital activation tied to a microsoft account as well as hardware?

Is Digital activation tied to a microsoft account as well as hardware?: Hi folks, I was wondering about this, since we have a digital licence for Windows 10, and should one need a new motherboard, how does Microsoft determine if we are entitled to Activation for Windows 10 or not, if that activation is only tied to hardware.. Short History, I...