Windows 10: I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro...

Discus and support I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro computer it says it malfunctioned and wasn't recognised. I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LenRein, Apr 26, 2020.

1. LenRein Win User

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro...

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro computer it says it malfunctioned and wasn't recognised. I came to this site looking to see if anyone else had a problem like this and there was one answer that included a link to CNET and when it got there it said the downloader chose not to download the file. I realized then that I was no longer in the Microsoft web. Has my Sidewinder malfunctioned, is it no longer supported or is there a driver for it?

:)

LenRein, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Sidewinder Precision pro

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing
    Sidewinder Precision pro software on Windows 10. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

The issue may occur due to compatibility issues.

I suggest you to install Sidewinder Precision pro in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

To install Sidewinder Precision pro in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Refer to the article for additional information.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Install old sidewinder precision pro joystick on windows 10

I went to Settings, type Controllers. Sidewinder Precision Pro was listed. It said it tested OK!.......But it does not work with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (Battle of Britain).

I'm Using Windows 10 with a Microsoft game and a Microsoft Controller......????

Norm

NORMANFRANZINO, Apr 26, 2020
  4. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro...

Install old sidewinder precision pro joystick on windows 10

Does it give options in game for keyboard or controller also can you see the joystick in the options in game to enable or customise? Did this controller work with Windows 7 or 8,? You can set compatability for previous versions if it worked then.

The only other thing is to see if any patches on game sites... Good luck

rockerseven, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro...

1. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and when I plugged it into a Windows 10 Pro... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sidewinder Precision

2. Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel: Hello, a long time ago I bought a sidewinder precision racing wheel online, I have had several problems with it, the steering wheel works perfectly, the problem is the pedals, the left pedal is pressed on its own and the right pedal is not pressed, the right seems to act...
  3. Sidewinder Precision Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder Precision Pro: Hello I recently found a sidewinder precision pro part number X03-57540 and I have been looking all over the web for some kind of adapter with mixed results. I just want to try it to give it as a gift to a friend who has some older pc games that has no keyboard/mouse/gamepad...
  4. Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick: Is there any drivers out there that allows me to use the MS SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick with Windows 10 and the new Flight Simulator program? All I can find is the generic drivers in the OS and it just makes the joystick appear as a block box with no operation. Back in...
  5. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro drivers for Windows 10: I have a question for Microsoft driver developers, if they exist. My joystick Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro can´t run on Windows 10. Why? Probably Microsoft developed the best joystick of the world for flight simulation, with force feedback and with many...
  6. microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro doesen't work on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro doesen't work on my windows 10: hello everyone, recently I found a joisticksidewinder force feedback pro at home, and I tried to connect it to my laptop which, even if a little old, installed windows 10. together with the joystick I found the game disk wwII, war of britain, and I installed and run it....
  7. DRIVER FOR SIDEWINDER FORCE FEEDBACK PRO FOR WIN10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER FOR SIDEWINDER FORCE FEEDBACK PRO FOR WIN10 PRO: HI I NEED THE DRIVER FOR WIN 10 PRO NEED FOR FLIGHT SIMULATOR SEDEWINDER FORCE FEEDBACK PRO DRIVER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-sidewinder-force-feedback-pro-for-win10/fc510a7e-ad49-4695-ab27-0c6820f6daa3
  8. Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2: I have used this item for many, many years. Today it cesed to work it is not listed in contrl settings the only facility listed is "mouse yoke" I have tried to check drivers etc which are all up to date. Anyone help?...
  9. microsoft sidewinder precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft sidewinder precision 2: hello i just found a microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick and i was wondering do anygames stilll function with this today?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sidewinder-precision-2/3dc0ca62-ff45-4bd9-a9f5-1dff39121f7c
  10. SideWinder Precision 2 joystick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SideWinder Precision 2 joystick: Is it possible to update a Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 joystick to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/sidewinder-precision-2-joystick/36fa5790-ab9e-4473-bd80-f32680c237bc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sidewinder precision pro windows 10

2. sidewinder precision pro windows 10

3. microsoft sidewinder wheel windows 10