Windows 10: I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi...

Discus and support I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a method to set the priority of a wifi connection as higher than a USB tether connection? My effort is to have my machine "automagically" use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Don_Moody, May 16, 2019.

1. Don_Moody Win User

I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi...

Is there a method to set the priority of a wifi connection as higher than a USB tether connection? My effort is to have my machine "automagically" use wifi whenever available and use the USB mobile data connection when the wifi is not connected.

Can anyone help me set something like this up or feed me a breadcrumb as to how to do this?

:)

Don_Moody, May 16, 2019
  2. lorraine walsh, May 16, 2019
  3. Multi machine activation for Windows 10 professional

I want to purchase windows 10 professional with Multi Activation Key for approximately 50 machines.

Kindly suggest me in simple words approximate cost.

Navdeep Gupta, May 16, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi...

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi... [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. I have a mobile machine with Windows 10 Professional that I would like to have use wifi... - Similar Threads - mobile machine Professional

2. I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.: I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years. My password is strong and I do not want to NOT use it. Regardless of how you say that the system is designed to protect etc etc, I am ok, so if you would like to help, kindly, make it happen so I can just use my...
  3. I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.: I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years. My password is strong and I do not want to NOT use it. Regardless of how you say that the system is designed to protect etc etc, I am ok, so if you would like to help, kindly, make it happen so I can just use my...
  4. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...: How do I install hyper terminal in windows 10 from my old windows XP installation disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-have-my-windows-xp-professional/ffa0f5f0-365b-4f31-be83-0ebfbe10ed2b
  5. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...: How do I install hyper terminal in windows 10 from my old windows XP installation disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-have-my-windows-xp-professional/ffa0f5f0-365b-4f31-be83-0ebfbe10ed2b
  6. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  8. I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return...: I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return to Windows 8.1 Mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-have-a-microsoft-lumia-640-currently-running/524b8315-9897-4980-8eab-f657aca4e2e2
  9. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  10. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...