Windows 10: I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install

Discus and support I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a complete re-install of win 10 I noticed I had this new boot partition. this is on a MBR drive BTW In my BIOS I can choose to boot to either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpooley, Nov 22, 2015.

1. mpooley Win User

I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install

After a complete re-install of win 10 I noticed I had this new boot partition. this is on a MBR drive BTW
    In my BIOS I can choose to boot to either the drive or the boot Manager. Both work !

So what is the reason for the boot manager ?

thanks

:)

mpooley, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Suvrat18 Win User

Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Nov 22, 2015
  3. rcglider Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on multi-boot system.

So the USB flash drive install would be better than cd-rom boot? I'll have to check if I can boot from USB drive on my system.

I've already got a formatted but otherwise empty partition to install Win 10 into. I tried starting it from Win 7, but it was taking forever and doing all sorts of file copy stuff, so I aborted it and did an image restore of C: (boot partition) and N: (my
    Win 7 Pro) partition.

My goal is to clean install Win 10 (not update), on a fresh partition, T:, and without it changed the partition letter from T: to C: and removing C: from the boot drive.

rcglider, Nov 22, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Booting from the drive or the boot manager are the same. They both use the files contained in the boot partition. I believe booting from the drive is legacy mode and booting from boot manager is EFI mode. In your circumstances, not much difference. If you really need a free spot for an additional primary partition (because MBR is limited to 4), there is a process that you can move the boot files to the operating system partition.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  5. mpooley Win User
    Ah! thanks.
    Is there a known purpose for that? can you add other OS's to the manager ?

mpooley, Nov 22, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, you can other OS's to the BCD store (referred to as boot manager). With programs like EasyBCD you can even add bootable ISO images and Virtual Hard Drives (VHD).

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install - Similar Threads - Boot partition drive

2. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  3. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD error after new windows installation with complete C-Drive cleaning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD error after new windows installation with complete C-Drive cleaning: [ATTACH] Hello, I am facing BSOD error even after windows technical support team reinstalled new windows in my pc including completely cleaning my C-Drive. But now also I am getting this blue screen error. Now I checked with a Driver Updater Softwaremicrosoft partner and...
  6. recovery boot partition in not on my C drive

recovery boot partition in not on my C drive: recovery boot partition in not on my C drive, and I have two of them the newer one is larger, and I can't seem to delete either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-boot-partition-in-not-on-my-c-drive/9024d0dc-ef26-44f3-861c-5e73c4987839
  7. No System partition on new clean install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No System partition on new clean install: I did a clean install build 10130 on separate (MBR) ssd. All other ssds (Win 7 and Win 8.1) were unplugged. I ended up with no "system" partition. I use the Win 8.1 ssd as the first in the boot order and this drive has a "system" partition from an earlier Win 10 install. All...
  8. New partition scheme on clean install

New partition scheme on clean install: So, I wanted to combine the system reserved (with boot files) partition with the recover (WindowsRE) partition. Somewhere in the process I lost the ability to set the recovery environment to WindowsRE on the recovery partition so I decided to start over from scratch. My HP...
  9. If I format my C drive for clean installation.......

If I format my C drive for clean installation.......: I would like to clean install my Desktop PC having Windows 10 Pro 10586 OS upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to OS 10240 and from 10240 to 10586. If I format my C drive and use my bootable Recovery USB, will it be possible to install OS with it. Please note that this was created a...
  10. No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive: Hey all, It's an age old story, probably.. I was running Win7. Had a crash that munged me being able to boot and I have never had success creating a repair disk for 7 with USB3 drivers (I'm on Z170 chipset). So I decided I should finally jump into Win10 as I reserved...