Windows 10: i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

Discus and support i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password how do i move forward?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Steve 100_100, Feb 10, 2024.

1. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password how do i move forward?

:)

Steve 100_100, Feb 10, 2024

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 10, 2024
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 10, 2024
  4. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

New computer requiring password?

Hi James,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Once logged in, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and click "change a password".

- Leave the "current password" box empty.

- Enter the new/preferred password and save the changes.

If you are able to set the password, log in using that password and press Windows key + R.

- Type netplwiz and press enter.

- Check "users must enter a username and password to use this computer" and save the changes.

- Save the changes.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

1. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password... - Similar Threads - computer log locked

2. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...: i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password how do i move forward? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-and-first-log-in-i-am-locked/6a2f37f2-cac0-4500-b192-9d015a8a5dae
  3. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...: i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password how do i move forward? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-and-first-log-in-i-am-locked/6a2f37f2-cac0-4500-b192-9d015a8a5dae
  4. I am locked out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer.: I am prompted to sign in when i turn my laptop on, but when i sign in I am prompted to create a pin to use. I click continue to create my pin, however, I am hit with an error saying the task cannot be done and to try again later. i have been trying for days to no change. I am...
  5. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  6. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  7. I am locked out of my computer !?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...
  8. I am locked out of my computer !?

I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...
  9. I am locked out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer.: Last night, I was able to login to my computer using my PIN. Today, my computer started up and is asking for my password. I entered it and it rejects it. I have tried the Windows Restore process, but it requires my BITLocker info which isn't correct so I can access that?Just...
  10. I am locked out of my computer.

I am locked out of my computer.: Last night, I was able to login to my computer using my PIN. Today, my computer started up and is asking for my password. I entered it and it rejects it. I have tried the Windows Restore process, but it requires my BITLocker info which isn't correct so I can access that?Just...