Windows 10: I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode.

Discus and support I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; every time I try to turn s mode off it gives me a "try again something happened on our end"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robert1216, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode.

every time I try to turn s mode off it gives me a "try again something happened on our end"

:)

robert1216, Jun 5, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

HP laptop sleep mode

What did you do with the Power Options and what exactly do you want ?

Do you want to put the computer to Sleep mode when you close the lid ?
    If yes, go back to your Power Options > left side, click Choose what closing the lid does > right side, at When I close the lid, make sure you set it at Sleep > click Save changes when done.

My screenshot is from my laptop.

I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode. [​IMG]

If however, you want to computer to Shut down, which I don't think what is you are asking anyway, you will then click the pointer and select Shut down.

davidhk, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Cake5 Win User

I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode.

Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode.

1. I have a new hp laptop and am trying to shut off s mode. - Similar Threads - laptop trying shut

2. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  3. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  4. S Mode cannot be shut off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S Mode cannot be shut off: I have tryied resetting the windows store, restting windows to factory settings, etc. I have been through multiple troubleshooting tips - including in this forum and still I am recieving this error....
  5. cant shut off mode s

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant shut off mode s: I have been trying for over a week to shut off mode s. I keeps giving me an error message saying something went wrong on their end try again later. still nothing. What can I do to shut this off...
  6. S mode HP laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    S mode HP laptop: Hello, I just got a HP laptop for my daughter and it came with a S mode, I try everything to get out of that but always show me an error " Try later" blah blah and doesn't let me add her printer, doesn't let me download anything. Help please!...
  7. HP laptop stuck in S Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP laptop stuck in S Mode?: Windows 10 has the safe mode and im confused on how to switch out, when I go to setting and go to the activation page there is no “Get Windows 10” like one YouTube video showed on how to get it out Hp Pavillion submitted by /u/fucadav [link] [comments]...
  8. HP laptop shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop shuts off: I have to keep rebooting it. what can cause this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-shuts-off/8aefd8ce-a25e-46c0-a20a-9a0b03959bcd
  9. s mode wont shut off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    s mode wont shut off.: my windows 10 Lenovo is stuck in s mode. I can get as far as the "get it" button in the Microsoft store but when I click it instead of giving me the option to install windows 10 with out s mode, the "get it" turns gray and then back to blue but nothing happens. I have tried...
  10. Turning off s mode HP Stream

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning off s mode HP Stream: I got an HP Stream a couple months ago and I need to remove S mode. I've tried multiple things that I've read and still get the error message when I try to turn it off that say "try again later something happened on our end". Any advice on what to do?...