Windows 10: I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed?

Discus and support I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I will be starting a new job later this month, it is 100% remote, working from home. My new employer does not provide computers or any other hardware.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimmy9190, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Jimmy9190 Win User

I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed?

I will be starting a new job later this month, it is 100% remote, working from home. My new employer does not provide computers or any other hardware. I will have to supply my own computer, monitor, phone headset, mouse and keyboard. Luckily, I already have what I need. I will be using an older Lenovo Idea Pad 110, it is almost 4 years old now but still works fine with no problems at all. Until now I have not used it very often, I use a newer laptop for my daily driver, but I do keep this older one updated and patched, I fire it up and check for updates a couple times a month. It is on Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.1081. It has 6 GB Ram and a 1 TB hard drive, but not much is on it, it is less than 10% full. I use Windows Defender Antivirus with Andy Ful's Configure Defender set on High. My default browser is Edge Chromium with Ublock Origin. Since I will be using my own computer on my new employer's servers would it be a good idea to reset my laptop with a clean reinstall of Windows? I have everything that I would want to keep from this old laptop backed up already on flash drives and there is no sensitive data on it anyway. I have two user ID's on it, one standard user account that I use 99% of the time and an admin account for use only when needed. I just wonder if it might perform better for work or be better able to connect with the new system at work if I reset it and took all of the programs and apps I would not need for work off of it, and kept the laptop as bare bones as possible. If it really does not matter then I would just set up another standard user account for work only and use it that way. I appreciate any ideas or help on this. Thanks. Jimmy

:)

Jimmy9190, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Clem, Jul 5, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I have a new job, is a laptop reset needed? - Similar Threads - job laptop reset

2. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset my laptop: So my laptop was running really slow so I decided to reset it. When it was done, it turned onto the loging screen except it seems to remember me. However when I try to log in, it says I need to set up my pin and when I try to do that it says "the user profile service failed...
  3. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to reset my laptop: So my laptop was running really slow so I decided to reset it. When it was done, it turned onto the loging screen except it seems to remember me. However when I try to log in, it says I need to set up my pin and when I try to do that it says "the user profile service failed...
  4. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  6. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to reset my laptop: I need to reset my laptop however Im afraid I would lose my Onedrive storage. Can somebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-laptop/c45ccacf-b3d3-42a7-a5dd-05f850faa11b
  7. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset my laptop: I need to reset my laptop however Im afraid I would lose my Onedrive storage. Can somebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-laptop/c45ccacf-b3d3-42a7-a5dd-05f850faa11b
  8. I need to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Xbox controller is a **** JOKE you guys need a new job

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller is a **** JOKE you guys need a new job: What a **** JOKE you massive asshats of **** clowns cant do **** right go **** yourself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-is-a-joke-you-guys-need-a-new-job/ed128dd0-0386-4e02-acdb-cd5719d3ea15
  10. I need to reset the password for a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to reset the password for a laptop: My grandfather passed away and we need to go thru all of his stuff and we think there might be some stuff thats of importance on his windows 10 laptop and I dont know how to get the password. submitted by /u/Topaztik [link] [comments]...