Windows 10: I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed

Discus and support I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Riley. At first, my laptop started to be really slow and started to freeze a lot then I restarted it and now it says my hard drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZOMBIE WRECKER4, Aug 5, 2020.

1. I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed

Hello, my name is Riley. At first, my laptop started to be really slow and started to freeze a lot then I restarted it and now it says my hard drive is not installed. I also hear noises coming from the hard drive, and my laptop is fairly new it's only a year or so old and I don't have money to replace a hard drive and even if I were to get another hard drive I wouldn't have windows because windows 10 was pre-installed on that hard drive. Please help I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Signed,

Riley Baergen

:)

ZOMBIE WRECKER4, Aug 5, 2020

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Aug 5, 2020
  4. I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed

Laptop hard drive upgrade

Yeah but it is a bit of a bummer when i have paid for a genuine copy of windows mce.
    but i do have a copy of vista that i could put in the laptop but i am not too sure it will be good as it is slower on my desktop which i dual boot wwith xp. the spec is

3000+ SEMPRON CPU
    1GB DDR RAM
    40 GB RAM

jamupnorth, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed

1. I have a new laptop and my computer says hard drive is not installed - Similar Threads - laptop computer says

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found: When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found And It Gives Me These Options press f1 to continue and when i continue it says boot device is not found 2. press f2 to change boot settings and i have tried every setting but it is not working and lastly 3. press...
  5. Computer says Hard Drive failure imminent even though it's a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer says Hard Drive failure imminent even though it's a new hard drive?: I got a new hard drive from amazon which was it's pick for a hard drive search and sometimes it loads windows slowly and says that. I don't know why it randomly loads windows slowly Now it said hard drive failure is imminent. I had gotten this same hard drive earlier, but I...
  6. Move my hard drive to a new computer

Move my hard drive to a new computer: Hi My old Samsung laptop has a smashed screen, so I have bought myself a second hand HP laptop. Both laptops have Windows 10 but when I tried to take the hard drive from the Samsung and put it in the HP, I received an error. How can I use my Samsung hard drive and put it...
  7. installing old hard drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing old hard drive in new computer: I have an old hard dive from a laptop that was driven over in traffic. I bought a hard drive less exact replacement computer. I put the old drive in and it all works but now have an unlicensed copy of windows 10 pro....
  8. Moving Hard drive to new Laptop With Clean Install

Moving Hard drive to new Laptop With Clean Install: Good afternoon, all. I understand I can't move a HD from one computer to another. I plan on doing a clean install of Windows 10. My question is, after I move the hard drive to the new laptop and do the clean install via USB, will there be the Windows.old folder? Or should I...
  9. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  10. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65